hooking up Xbox 360 to monitor resolution issue 1 reply

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

Hi. Im looking to get the VGA HD cable to hook my 360 up to my 22" monitor. I am also getting a RCA (red/white) to stereo input adapter that will allow me to use the 360 though my comp's speakers. I am wondering if the image will look terrible on my 16:10 resolution of 1680x1050 cause i kno the VGA cable doesnt support it (the cable only supports 4:3 and 16:9 resolutions).

>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

I have no experience with consoles, but I have read a fair bit about monitors. I think as long as your display supports 1:1 pixel mapping (shows the native aspect ratio of the source material) it should result in a 1280x720 image on the screen with black bars at the top and bottom. Even if it isn't 1:1 it may just show the image stretched vertically to fit the screen. Check with the manufacturer of your dispaly to ask if it supports 1:1. Sometimes depending on brand and whom you talk to they won't even know what 1:1 means. If they still don't know after explaining it to them, Google it. Do you by any chance have a friend with such cables you can try before buying them? Worse case scenario is sending/taking them back as there's generally no restocking fee on such items.