Junk angel

Huh, sound?

166,880 XP

29th January 2007

0 Uploads

15,678 Posts

0 Threads

#11 10 years ago
Oh, does that go for all laptops, i.e., self install not recommended?

I think for some the policy is a bit lax, for others quite strict, but I think they usually have such a policy.

Oh, and is your 630 red? I don't mind the silver, but the red would be nice.

It's black with red highlights. The mouse was a sort of black/red as well and the backpack was a sort of red/silver. Both the notebook as well as mouse look really good. As to the backpack, that makes up for it by looking extremely ugly. Still you rarely get a full backpack to a laptop. ( I personally was glad that the notebook+cover managed to fit in my old backpack. Not wearing that ugly thing :P)

LaughingCheese

Behold the Power of CHEESE!!!

50 XP

16th June 2004

0 Uploads

1,100 Posts

0 Threads

#12 10 years ago
wraithcat;4744434I think for some the policy is a bit lax, for others quite strict, but I think they usually have such a policy.

Interesting. I can't imagine why they'd want to prohibit from manually installing it.:uhm: Oh, well, maybe to squeeze in more money from installation I guess.

It's black with red highlights.

Right, that's what I meant. Cool.

Isn't there one model that is silver? Is that the 630?

The mouse was a sort of black/red as well and the backpack was a sort of red/silver.

Does it come with a mouse?! You mean a mouse right, and not the touchpad?

Both the notebook as well as mouse look really good. As to the backpack, that makes up for it by looking extremely ugly. Still you rarely get a full backpack to a laptop. ( I personally was glad that the notebook+cover managed to fit in my old backpack. Not wearing that ugly thing :P)

lol

I dunno, looked ok to me, but I'm not too picky when it comes to that.

That's pretty amazing that it comes with a mouse AND a backpack! (Even if some may not consider it that stylish. ;)) :eek:

Oh, and does the 630 have draft-n wlan? I can't tell from some of the spec sheets; on the MSI website it said it didn't, but on Newegg it says it does. I guess I would go with the info on MSI rather than Newegg.

Junk angel

Huh, sound?

166,880 XP

29th January 2007

0 Uploads

15,678 Posts

0 Threads

#13 10 years ago

Actually newegg will probably give you better specs, as they can change them from the defaults - mine came with a 320 gb disk for instance.

Eitherway, some images from the place I bought it.

Spoiler: Show
ImgW.asp?fd=FotoAdd&cd=NB052b-02ImgW.asp?fd=FotoAdd&cd=NB052b-09ImgW.asp?fd=FotoAdd&cd=NB052b-17

If there's anything I love - it's the full keyboard on a number of the MSI laptops.

Also I think this was the mouse MSI GS-501 Gaming Mouse Review by MetkuMods - Because you love your hardware!

But it thankfully doesn't have the flame scheme or anything, instead has a nice plain red and black design mirroring the colors of the notebook.

LaughingCheese

50 XP

16th June 2004

0 Uploads

1,100 Posts

0 Threads

#14 10 years ago
wraithcat;4745007Actually newegg will probably give you better specs, as they can change them from the defaults - mine came with a 320 gb disk for instance.

Oh, could that be why the GX630 is $50 more than on Amazon?

EDIT: HDD is only 250GB on newegg. :uhm:

Eitherway, some images from the place I bought it.

Spoiler: Show
ImgW.asp?fd=FotoAdd&cd=NB052b-02ImgW.asp?fd=FotoAdd&cd=NB052b-09ImgW.asp?fd=FotoAdd&cd=NB052b-17
If there's anything I love - it's the full keyboard on a number of the MSI laptops.

Blimy, I guess Alza is only New Zealand.

Also I think this was the mouse MSI GS-501 Gaming Mouse Review by MetkuMods - Because you love your hardware!

But it thankfully doesn't have the flame scheme or anything, instead has a nice plain red and black design mirroring the colors of the notebook.

Still not clear, so the mouse did come with the laptop, as well as the backpack?

Junk angel

Huh, sound?

166,880 XP

29th January 2007

0 Uploads

15,678 Posts

0 Threads

#15 10 years ago

Alza is only czech :p

And the packaging included Notebook Mouse Backpack Rainbow six something Vegas I think.

And the truth is, the newegg prices are totally awesome. You might get it cheaper than me were you to get the notebook, buy the hardisk and let someone install it for you. Let's just say that our prices for electronics aren't on the bright side of life.

LaughingCheese

50 XP

16th June 2004

0 Uploads

1,100 Posts

0 Threads

#16 10 years ago
wraithcat;4745799Alza is only czech :p

Meh, same difference.=p

And the packaging included Notebook Mouse Backpack Rainbow six something Vegas I think.

Coolness.

And the truth is, the newegg prices are totally awesome. You might get it cheaper than me were you to get the notebook, buy the hardisk and let someone install it for you. Let's just say that our prices for electronics aren't on the bright side of life.

Oh, sorry to hear that. :(

LaughingCheese

50 XP

16th June 2004

0 Uploads

1,100 Posts

0 Threads

#17 10 years ago

Can anyone confirm what kind of wlan the GX630-028US has?

Amazon's site just says it has b/g, newegg says b/g/n, some review sites say b/g/n, MSI's own website is conflicted!!! It says b/g OR b/g/n!

But the thing is, the I'm looking at Amazon is the same as the newegg one, they're BOTH the GX630-028US!:Puzzled:

LaughingCheese

50 XP

16th June 2004

0 Uploads

1,100 Posts

0 Threads

#18 10 years ago

Also, does the GX630 have a secondary hard drive bay?

Thanks

LC

Junk angel

Huh, sound?

166,880 XP

29th January 2007

0 Uploads

15,678 Posts

0 Threads

#19 10 years ago

No idea about the hardrive bay. To be honest, never seen a laptop that had space for two harddisks.

But I do think that the 630 has a b/g/n wifi. The one I got had listed as not having it. But in reality it did have an n. If you're unsure I'd contact the shop.

LaughingCheese

50 XP

16th June 2004

0 Uploads

1,100 Posts

0 Threads

#20 10 years ago
wraithcat;4749980No idea about the hardrive bay. To be honest, never seen a laptop that had space for two harddisks.

So I guess it really is only the high end ones that have those extra drives. Hmm.

But I do think that the 630 has a b/g/n wifi. The one I got had listed as not having it. But in reality it did have an n. If you're unsure I'd contact the shop.

I see. The MSI demo page also lists it as having n.