Customizer

I want to be like Revenge

50 XP

19th November 2005

0 Uploads

390 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

I was just wondering how I could somehow convert my xbox 360 to play on my PC monitor instead of my piece of junk Orion TV. Currently I can share vids and pics via my Media Center hook up with my 360 but I want to totally bring it over to my desk and plug it in there. I'm just not sure if I need special cables or I can do it wireless just like I can with Media Center while still easily being able to switch back to playing computer (hopefully simply by shutting down my 360).

Thanks a lot guys.

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago
Customizer

50 XP

19th November 2005

0 Uploads

390 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Quick response thanks a lot! Just one question: Where do those red and white things connect to? I assume the part that is not showing is the plug that goes to my xbox and the one that is flat goes into my monitor in back right?

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

The red and white cables are audio. Either plug them into your TV or use an adapter like this to connect them to your PC speakers: Amazon.com: 2 x RCA Female / 1 x 3.5mm Mono Female Adapter: Electronics

Customizer

50 XP

19th November 2005

0 Uploads

390 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

Ok let me get this straight. I buy that AVG thing. Then I hook the flat piece into the monitor in back where it says Input 2 DVI-D? There is a place back there that says Audio but its only one circular slot and its like a pale greenish color. My speakers are built into the monitor.

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

You put the flat thing into the VGA socket. It's probably input 1, if input 2 is DVI. If you use your monitor's built in speakers, then buy one of these adapters instead of the one I posted earlier: Amazon.com: 6IN Audio Y Cable 3.5MM Stereo Plug/m To 2X Rca Jack/f: Electronics

Customizer

50 XP

19th November 2005

0 Uploads

390 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

Great, thanks I know it takes awhile but everything is clear to me now. Thanks again!

inashix

GF makes me horny

50 XP

8th November 2005

0 Uploads

89 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

sweet you get muchos kudos cause ive been wanting to do this with my mac as well =D thanks so much =D