ikyojo

AKA Daxs

50 XP

26th July 2007

0 Uploads

411 Posts

0 Threads

#1 9 years ago

I'm currently doing a school project and I'm creating a 50 page plus document for one of my Geography SAC's. What is really annoying me and taking up heaps of my time is having to format some of the text when im typing and formatting one page i will press enter for the new line and it will move everything on the next page is there anyway to stop this so what i format on one page will not affect another. PS I just noticed that firefox 4 is out has anyone else got it or used it and is it good?

*Daedalus

A Phoenix from the ashes

50 XP

18th April 2006

0 Uploads

3,091 Posts

0 Threads

#2 9 years ago

Ctrl+A, then do your formatting. If you want to change the bulk of it to a particular way, it's easier to set it all how you want it, then unformat the lines you don't want.

I'm still using Word 2003. I juat can't get used to that bloody ribbon.

ConstanceJill

Huh yeah, whatever ^^

38,781 XP

6th December 2006

0 Uploads

3,246 Posts

1 Threads

#3 9 years ago

Well if you don't want adding contents to a page to push down what's below it to next page, I suppose the most simple way would be to use some desktop publishing program instead of a word processing one. So instead of Word, use Publisher, for example.

ikyojo

AKA Daxs

50 XP

26th July 2007

0 Uploads

411 Posts

0 Threads

#4 9 years ago

*Daedalus;5482406Ctrl+A, then do your formatting. If you want to change the bulk of it to a particular way, it's easier to set it all how you want it, then unformat the lines you don't want.

I'm still using Word 2003. I juat can't get used to that bloody ribbon.[/QUOTE] Thank you very much for your help very much appreciated and i know what you mean.

[QUOTE=ConstanceJill;5482428]Well if you don't want adding contents to a page to push down what's below it to next page, I suppose the most simple way would be to use some desktop publishing program instead of a word processing one. So instead of Word, use Publisher, for example.

I might just do that in the future. Thanks for the advice.