badger-dude

The Internet ends at GF

50 XP

19th June 2006

0 Uploads

137 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

hey i have recently purshaced an Acer Aspire 5710 Gemstone laptop to complement my desktop. The laptops graphics chip is a built in mobile intel graphics media accelerator 950with supposidly can be scaled up to 252MB of graphics memory... From what I can see, the chip is pretty much useless for modern gaming (dont get me wrong.... i'm not looking to play crysis on it.... I was hoping to get Company of Heroes to run on low settings) According to System Requirements Lab, the chip is running at 64mb...how can I improve ths (without purchasing a seperate graphics card) The full specs list is avaliable here:Acer Aspire 5710WLMi LX.AHB0X.093 - Acer Products | Acer Direct.co.uk I do have a spare old Nvidia FX5200 laying around but I doubt that would help... even if it could fit onto the mobo :( help???

Rookie VIP Member

128,030 XP

3rd May 2005

0 Uploads

11,953 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

You should be able to set the amount of VRAM that's allocated to the IGP from within the BIOS - however it must not exceed a third (IIRC, don't quote me on this) of the total RAM you have installed in your machine. It really won't help much though - in fact it'll just degrade your system's performance even more, since you're siphoning off resources from main memory.

And unless you have an MXM expansion slot, you can forget upgrading the GPU itself as well.

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

To be blunt, that card is useless for current games regardless of how much memory you allocate to it.