jman84

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

12th June 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 15 years ago

Hey guys...need some advice again. I'm in the works of researching all the latest and greatest before I start buying new parts to build my next PC. My budget is kind of loose, but I'd like to keep it tight. I can spend probably $2000 if I really wanted to (I don't), but I'd much rather spend between $1000-1500 for all the main stuff. I know Intel's releasing their new chipset within a week or 2 here, the 915 & 925, and it's new systems (mo-bo and pci-express and everything) are supposed to be a lot better then what is out right now, but I don't know how much better it will be, especially for the price of the brand new technology. I'd really like to get it so I will have the newest stuff that's out there, but I know the processor will cost at least $400, the mobo another 200, the PCI-express video card another $400 probably. It's just gonna be really tempting to buy the 'older' technology chipsets right after they come out because I'd be saving a lot since a lot of components will probably drop in price, and have similar performance. I just wanted to see what you guys think about all of this and if you're planning on building a new system with the latest stuff anytime soon too, and approximately how much you think I'd be spending for the new stuff and for the old stuff. Any help would be great, thanks. The J-Man :uhm: *debating....*

Gimpy

The gimped up gimp

50 XP

25th March 2003

0 Uploads

623 Posts

0 Threads

#2 15 years ago

for your budget dont get all the new stuff, itl cost too much