Plokite_Wolf VIP Member

World's most disgruntled gamer

5,493 XP

6th September 2016

1,115 Uploads

363 Posts

44 Threads

#11 3 months ago

The only one that's worth a damn is Malwarebytes.

Danny Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

275,600 XP

15th December 2002

284 Uploads

22,734 Posts

1,869 Threads

#12 3 months ago
Posted by Midawr

I also use a rather old and weak laptop for games. I installed Windows 7. Because this operating system works on such characteristics best of all. But I want to find a good antivirus. What antivirus least slows down the system?

Just use the built in Windows Defender. Don't really need one anymore.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

ezukax

81 XP

9th May 2019

0 Uploads

3 Posts

0 Threads

#13 2 weeks ago
Posted by Midawr

I also use a rather old and weak laptop for games. I installed Windows 7. Because this operating system works on such characteristics best of all. But I want to find a good antivirus. I watched avast vs bitdefender  comparison and I can not decide. What antivirus least slows down the system?

Agree with Danny, i will rather stay with pre-installed windows defender. As for the Laptop with a £400 budget you can only opt for low end gaming device, a used i7 4 gen machine with 2 gb graphic card might do the trick

Last edited by Mikey 1 week ago

Lysdestic VIP Member

Dr. Professor Logic, PhD.

46,095 XP

11th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,322 Posts

100 Threads

#14 2 weeks ago
Posted by Danny
Posted by Midawr

I also use a rather old and weak laptop for games. I installed Windows 7. Because this operating system works on such characteristics best of all. But I want to find a good antivirus. What antivirus least slows down the system?

Spam bots are so fascinating these days. As far as I can tell, Danny quoted the original post where the link isn't there,, but if you look at it now, they edited it with something they ostensibly used to "compare" but is so blatantly an spam link. 

Mikey Über Admin

47,158 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,963 Posts

223 Threads

#15 1 week ago
Posted by Lysdestic
Posted by Danny
Posted by Midawr

Spam bots are so fascinating these days. As far as I can tell, Danny quoted the original post where the link isn't there,, but if you look at it now, they edited it with something they ostensibly used to "compare" but is so blatantly an spam link. 

And just like that, the link is gone.

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer