rusty208

WICKED SICK

50 XP

11th July 2006

0 Uploads

129 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

sorry to bother u again about these damn speakers guy. ok heres what is goin on now.

my speakers are popping occasionly, so i went back to my boss (yes i work as a techi) and he lent me a brand new x-fi music to see if that fixed the prob. it didnt

over the last night of looking for the prob i have relized that they only pop when something like the aircon or the waterpump for the house turns on (or if u find that point on the fan buttons that screws up the pic on old tvs) or no that i think on it when i use the vaccum cleaner.

i have them running of a powerware 3 105 UPS, if that makes n e difference. i have also taken them off thiss and pluged it into anout power source but they still pop.

all the speaker cabbles are at least 5" away from any power cables as well

well i hope u guys have some ideas. i dont particuly want to take them back and when they test it its something else.

thanks rusty208

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Well, the last thing that I could think of would be to replace all of the cables or cover all of the cables that go into/out of the speakers with a thicker, better shelded cable. Thing in theroy would help emliminate interference.

rusty208

WICKED SICK

50 XP

11th July 2006

0 Uploads

129 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

Thanks for the help man. ill try it this arvo. again im sorry for bothering you with this again but idk i cant work it out.. damn logitech. n e way if this work im giving u some rep :P

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

If it happens when something else switches on/off then to me it sounds more like a problem with your mains than the speakers. Sometimes when I turn my lamp off, my speakers pop. I don't think it's rare...

rusty208

WICKED SICK

50 XP

11th July 2006

0 Uploads

129 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

i dont think it is a prob with the mains. hous is just over 12 months old now... everything in it is next to new. and parents aparently got higher qality cables installed then is the standard required. but then again elcetion may have put crap in and kept the extra cash :S well ill try the higher qualty shielded cables (hopefully the boss has some laying arounf) and see what happens. might unplug it from the mains and let it run of the UPS and try and see if it actualy is the power doin it :P. any way it is a damn annoying sound that i did not expect from a set of $500 speakers

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Well I didn't mean a problem as such. I didn't know how to explain it.

rusty208

WICKED SICK

50 XP

11th July 2006

0 Uploads

129 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

i have just called my wholesaler and aparantly its a fault with the speakers. according to them logiteck have release a "fixed" version so im sending them back tomorrow in good faith hopeing for a decent set to b sent back

C38368

...burning angel wings to dust

50 XP

14th February 2004

0 Uploads

5,013 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago
rusty208;3356185i have just called my wholesaler and aparantly its a fault with the speakers. according to them logiteck have release a "fixed" version so im sending them back tomorrow in good faith hopeing for a decent set to b sent back

I have one of the very early sets (original production run), and they never do this.

Just out of curiousity, does your UPS operate off the mains when powered, or does it supply power purely from a battery/capacitor?

rusty208

WICKED SICK

50 XP

11th July 2006

0 Uploads

129 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

[quote=C38368;3356390]I have one of the very early sets (original production run), and they never do this.quote] personal i dont think u should word it like that. it makes the general assumtion that none of these model speakers do it... thats what i think i might b wronge tho and yes my ups is straigt from the mains. un plug the mains and the speakers dont pop. i rang logitech and they said this was a fault in them...

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

I'm wondering why your speakers are so vital that you run them from a UPS lol. Now if it was like a music studio and the sound equipment is it's reason for existing, then fair enough...but if it's a music studio, you shouldn't be using Z-5500s (or any PC speaker, for that matter). :p

Or I suppose what I'm asking is, do they do it when plugged directly into the mains without the UPS? Or does it always do it when plugged into the mains, UPS or not?