*Daedalus

A Phoenix from the ashes

50 XP

18th April 2006

0 Uploads

3,091 Posts

0 Threads

#1 8 years ago

For the first time ever, motherboard, graphics card manufacturers and users can have the flexibility to use different combinations of GPUs from AMD (ATI) and NVIDIA in notebooks and PCs. The solution delivers faster 3D graphics at consumer price points.

The new HYDRA 200 SoC is Lucid's second generation parallel graphics processor that works with any GPU, CPU or chipset to provide scalable 3D graphics performance in a multi-GPU computing environment. On display for the first time at IDF 2009 (booth 213) HYDRA 200 is faster, more flexible, smaller and more power-efficient than its predecessor silicon, the HYDRA 100.

Full article at Guru3D

I've been waiting for something like this for a long time. I think I'll be waiting on motherboards with this chip before my rig undergoes a major upgrade (motherboard/CPU/RAM).

Zach

50 XP

5th July 2005

0 Uploads

3,271 Posts

0 Threads

#2 8 years ago

I'll become excited when I see benchmarks. Yes, it might allow more flexibility, but we have yet to see actual, confirmed numbers on it. It could end up being a total flop, or it might be the best thing in the world.

But you'll probably be assured the inclusion of this into any motherboard is probably going to really jack up the price. It would also appear that in addition to being a motherboard chip, there's a separate PCIe expansion card, so I guess you don't really have to put off that 'big upgrade', if this indeed works as advertised.

edit: upon looking at the adventure series cards, it seems you'll need a huge case. http://www.lucidlogix.com/product-adventure2000.html

Oh well.

>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#3 8 years ago
*Daedalus

A Phoenix from the ashes

50 XP