Mac OS X is now macOS 4 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,069 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,450 Posts

1,695 Threads

#1 2 years ago

(macOS)

Because not capitalising the first letter of a name is trendy.

And the number 10 is not, because, well, Windows, right?

So, interestingly, starting from Sierra, there will be a change in name and logo. To be fair, it's about time Apple's PC OS had a bit of a makeover, but I'm not sure what real change it makes.

Where they are following suit from Microsoft though is with Siri, it seems. They're bringing that to the Mac OS, which is nice. And they're promising a new file system, which is interesting. Microsoft have literally been trying to change the Windows filesystem to something new since Windows 95 and have failed every time.

Are the Mac users amongst us excited for the update?

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

NubSmoo

50 XP

3rd May 2016

1 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#2 2 years ago

camelCase haha

Desktop Specs: CPU: AMD FX-4130 Quad Core @ 3.8GHz, Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 FX, Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz, GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA),Case: Raidmax ATX (B

unic0rn

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#3 2 years ago

"FileTrekker"(macOS)

So, interestingly, starting from Sierra, there will be a change in name and logo. To be fair, it's about time Apple's PC OS had a bit of a makeover, but I'm not sure what real change it makes.

Where they are following suit from Microsoft though is with Siri, it seems. They're bringing that to the Mac OS, which is nice. And they're promising a new file system, which is interesting. Microsoft have literally been trying to change the Windows filesystem to something new since Windows 95 and have failed every time.

so you're saying that either ntfs is a failure or win95 supported it. interesting.

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,069 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,450 Posts

1,695 Threads

#4 2 years ago
"unic0rn"

"FileTrekker"(macOS)

so you're saying that either ntfs is a failure or win95 supported it. interesting.

That isn't what I mean. I'm talking about WinFS.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

45,287 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,845 Posts

213 Threads

#5 2 years ago

WHY. 

DONT TOUCH MY MAC.

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer