My 6600 GT died yesterday :( 29 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

So My 6600 GT died yestarday in a thunderstom it took me all day to fiuger out why my computer wasnt starting up. Then I took out the card to see what will happen than the computer started running normal with Intergrated graphics than my dumb brother truned the fu**n computer off now I get now signal I tries using mysevreal times x600 and still im getting no monitor response. Do I need a working nvidia card to get signal or theres somthing else fishy in computer. If I do need a new card will a 7600 GS be a good proformer over my dead lobster {well my 6600 GT}. I got a 915GAV 200 GB WD HDD

Aristotle13

My karmas' my armor

50 XP

29th December 2005

0 Uploads

428 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

I've re-read your post a few times and I can't make sense of "my dumb brother truned the fu**n computer off now I get now signal I tries using mysevreal times x600 and still im getting no monitor response" But I'll take a stab at it... Plug your monitor into your legacy video port (on your motherboard) and go into your bios and make sure you make your onboard video your default.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 12 years ago

Sorry for the grammer I was in a bit of rush :S

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

It stopped working in a lightning storm...is it just me or does that say it all?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#5 12 years ago

ok fuck me ok ill re tell the story, Yesterday there was a big thunderstrom while I was playing FEAR and all of a sudden my computer went off cold (Shut down). I look inside my case to see if everthing was alright So I take out the video card and the computer runs fine with the intergrated GPU I let the computer run for a while and I leave the room than my brother closed down the computer. So I trun it back on and I get no signal to the monitor, so i tryed to use my x600 and im still getting a black screen. But the second I took out the card my computer was running fine and I was getting monitor signal.

Agentlaidlaw

Pie

50 XP

21st February 2005

0 Uploads

3,801 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

So your 6600GT does not work and you X600 does not work.. Only intergrated.. Maybe your AGP/Pci-Express slot some how died or turned off in bios?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 12 years ago

No notthing works everything dose NOT work Intergrated or the X600. So Im thinking I need the a working nvidia card. The reason I'm saying the 6600 GT died is becuase when ever I put in the 6600 The computer dose not even boot up but if I use my X600 the computer sounds and runs fine EXCEPT i do not get any singnal to the monitor no matter if its the x600 or the intel Etrme crap.

Aristotle13

My karmas' my armor

50 XP

29th December 2005

0 Uploads

428 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

ahh, my moneys on a bad mobo. If your integrated is gone, your whole mobo is too. Don't throw out those cards just yet, good chance it's just your mobo.

Rookie VIP Member

128,030 XP

3rd May 2005

0 Uploads

11,953 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

Yep, sounds like a dodgy motherboard to me. I'm betting that storm shorted out your AGP/PCI-E bus.

And today's lesson is: Always use protection. ;)

(Surge protection, that is.)

Aristotle13

My karmas' my armor

50 XP

29th December 2005

0 Uploads

428 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago

Here's what I use...

Network protection: onlinesafety.jpg

Desktop protection: P1000096.jpg