The Typer

Formerly justincase3

50 XP

20th June 2006

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I was looking at the program files in the start menu today and I couldn't help but notice how junky everything looked. I had game folders all in different spots. Is it possible to make a new folder, or subcategory in which I will be able to put all of my game folders or subsections? I know hot to put the folders in there, but how do I make the new file. Willl this mess anything up or slow my computer down when opening the category? Thanks,

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

When you say 'program files in your start menu' are you litterally speaking of all of the programs that you can start when you go to start>all programs?

Or are you refering to the program files folder in the root directory of your Windows installed hard drive?

There's a big difference to as what the answer is for each of these locations.

The Typer

Formerly justincase3

50 XP

20th June 2006

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

I click start, and go to programs. I am thinking of having a subsection where all the game sections will go. Kind of like how Vista will contain a section which will hold all of the games on it's own, just in the start menu.

The Typer

Formerly justincase3

50 XP

20th June 2006

0 Uploads

1,120 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Anyone?

*The.Doctor

Trust me, I'm a Doctor

102,440 XP

25th November 2003

0 Uploads

9,964 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Are you using the default XP start menu, or the Classic start menu?

I know if your using Classic menu you can create a new folder pretty easy (i'm not sure how its done with the XP menu) in the programs section of the start menu, you could just name it "Games" and move all of your start menu game folders into that folder. That should work, but i'm not sure.

If you want to try that, do it with one of two game folders only until you see if its going to work.