Need Help for MSI 915P Neo2 9 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 13 years ago

hi... these are the specz for my com:- motherboard : Msi 915p neo2 platinum RAM : 2*256 ddr2 Processor : 3.0ghz LGA power supply : 450 watt graphic card : Sapphire Radeon X600 Pro OS : Windows XP Pro I dun seems to get what's wrong with my specz here... but when i played games .... e.g Rose online or other type of games such as prince of persia or Half life 2, the graphic seems to flickers or the image of the games seems to scramble once in a while.. and in the worse senario.. the whole pc Hangs. I've tried exchanging the graphic cards but this problems still keep happening. The graphic card driver have been updated. sometimes error like "the system stop responding to the graphic driver's command" then after that error msg, everything seems to be working fine. Plss give some opinion as to wat i've done wrong here.. do i need a better graphic card like X600XT? or do i need to have more power in my power supply? The cooling system for my pc is fine....

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

What kind of software do you have running in the background? Would it be anything that might be "popping" up, and causing the graphics distortion?

Might it be your screen saver? I would check the time interval.

Agentlaidlaw

Pie

50 XP

21st February 2005

0 Uploads

3,801 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

It might be ethier the videocard is bad or its not getting enough power. My friend had the same problem with his 6800 ultra and his problem was power. But the x600 shouldnt take that much power at all thoe. Try changing the power supply to a bigger one. Try like a 400 watt and if you can get your hands on some one else's video card try theres to see if it is the video. Ohh also try lowering the settings for the graphics in your games that may help also lol. X600 aint the best video card out there lol. Make sure it aint on highest settings for graphics lol.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 13 years ago

well.. my power is already 450 watt. if x600 pro is not good, then wat bout x600xt? i'm using os windows xp pro btw.... x600 pro aint recognised by it. plss... are there any other options? thnkz to all for ur reply....

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago
Wingzi'm using os windows xp pro btw.... x600 pro aint recognised by it. plss...

:confused:

Uhm, Could you repeat that...? :lookaround:

Did you install the updated ATI drivers?

Agentlaidlaw

Pie

50 XP

21st February 2005

0 Uploads

3,801 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

If i was you i would just go get a nvidia 6800. It be a lot better. Theres three models of the 6800. 6800, 6800 gt and 6800 ultra. you can pick up the regular 6800 for like 200$ the same price your paying for the x600 and its better. Im assuming you can only afford 200$ thoe. if you can dish out more get a gt!

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#7 13 years ago

Is nvidia 6800 a PCI express type of graphic card? cos u see... my motherboard's MSI 915p NEO2 plat... graphic cards like ati 9series.. cant fit into it. Judging from my specz... do u think that these problems accur due to lack of power? tho... my power supply is 450 watt, the powersupply comes with the "icute" casing. And yes Monster_user... i have the latest driver updates.

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

Sorry, it was one of those questions that has to be asked. Perhaps not in that way...

Well, if you have a decent brand PSU, then 450 watts should be enough power.

Unless you have filled up all the room in your computer. PCI-Express Slots, USB ports, RAM slots, Fan Mounts, Hard Drive Ports, etc.

I don't know how good a power supply comes with iCute cases. Try unplugging everything, but the Harddrive, Keyboard, and X600, and disable any unneeded ports in your BIOS, then downclock the Processor.

That will decrease the power consumption, and give you a better idea if it is the Power Supply or not.

The Geforce 6800 is a Much better card than you have. It comes in both AGP, and PCI-Express. The PCI-Express version is cheaper.

The nVidia Geforce 6800 Ultra, and the ATI Radeon X850XT are the best cards out. Atleast the last time I checked... That changes every three months, and I haven't checked in atleast that long.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 13 years ago

hm.. ok.... can u tell me the price of the ati radeon X600 pro and nVidia GeForce 6800? I wanna compare the price... btw... my X600 pro is running at a 256 MB Ram. Is the nVidia GeForce 6800 better then it?

Agentlaidlaw

Pie

50 XP

21st February 2005

0 Uploads

3,801 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago

The basic 6800 is only 289$ and it comes in agp and pci express. It has ethier 128mb of ram or 256mb of ram. The x600 pro is 126$ but only has 4 pipe lines when the 6800 basic has 8 pipe lines. The 6800 is fare better with graphics than the x600 pro. 6800 is faster than the x600 pro.