Nemmerle Forum Mod

Voice of joy and sunshine

298,365 XP

26th May 2003

0 Uploads

28,147 Posts

5 Threads

#1 2 years ago

I need a new mouse, the second Razer device in a few years has crapped out on me. Turned on the computer and it just didn't move the mouse pointer, responded to button clicks. There's nothing I can see that's wrong with the sensor, it's just not moving.

I've had a Razer Death Adder and an Imperator. I grew to like both mice, though the Imperator's lift-off distance annoyed me somewhat initially. Basically I want something like that but not built like a piece of shit. I don't want to go with the same company again, this is just getting silly.

Any recommendations? I do like the two thumb buttons and the scroll wheel click.

JUMBO PALACE

50 XP

7th June 2016

0 Uploads

12 Posts

0 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Well, I wouldn't consider myself an expert at all, but I've head a great experience with both my current mouse, a Steel Series Rival, and my previous one which I now use at work, a Logitech G602.

The rival is a big mouse which may be a plus or minus for you, but it's very light, fits great in the hand, and has been 100% reliable. Very satisfying clicks on all of the buttons including the scroll wheel. I do wish the wheel was a little more notchy though. Of the two I'm recommending this is probably the most similar to the Razer mice you've used. 

If you don't mind wireless, the G602 is probably my favorite mouse ever. I never had any connection issues and the battery lasts forever. It's got more button than you'll ever need and is very comfortable. 

I've also used a Corsair M65. The mouse was good and I enjoyed the metal build and button placement. I just found it too short and stubby. 

Lord Rumpuss V VIP Member

Follow A Paranoid

186,730 XP

25th November 2006

0 Uploads

18,518 Posts

0 Threads

#3 2 years ago

Just stick with whatever config you are comfortable with and find a version with the highest tracking.  Since precision trumps everything when it comes to gaming.

Signature brought to you by Carl's Jr.

unic0rn

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

"Nemmerle"I need a new mouse, the second Razer device in a few years has crapped out on me. Turned on the computer and it just didn't move the mouse pointer, responded to button clicks. There's nothing I can see that's wrong with the sensor, it's just not moving.

I've had a Razer Death Adder and an Imperator. I grew to like both mice, though the Imperator's lift-off distance annoyed me somewhat initially. Basically I want something like that but not built like a piece of shit. I don't want to go with the same company again, this is just getting silly.

Any recommendations? I do like the two thumb buttons and the scroll wheel click.

after what i've heard from a friend, if you wanna avoid stuff built like shit, avoid logitech as well.

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#5 2 years ago

I've had the Optical Gaming Mouse G400 for 4-5 years. worked quite well. The only problem is that the cable is a bit thin. I've had it break internally at the base of the mouse twice (the second time was someone else's mouse), but I suspect this is primarily due to putting a lot of bending strain on that part of the cable (the mouse was used right up against a wall, forcing the cable to constantly bend back and forth sharply - this will eventually break most wire). I cut the cable an inch or two back and soldered it back into the mouse and it's been working fine since.

Aside from this, the mouse tends to get dirty around the many cracks and crevices. But it's been a comfortable, precise, and reliable mouse excusing the cable problem.

As far as Logitech general reliability, I would argue that they are better than most. Because they have such a wide product and price range some of their products are bound to be crap. But some of their products are also really good. Just look at what people say about what you're interested in before buying. Customer service is quite good as well. They've sent new products no questions asked before. 

unic0rn

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#6 2 years ago

my friend has different logitech model. problem? you guessed it. cable. previous logitech mouse? yes, same thing. cable.

bottom line, if you'll buy a logitech, be prepared to fix the cable yourself. either that, or it's not worth buying.

Superfluous Curmudgeon VIP Member

AOE2 Addict

11,741 XP

22nd December 2007

0 Uploads

794 Posts

9 Threads

#7 2 years ago

"unic0rn"my friend has different logitech model. problem? you guessed it. cable. previous logitech mouse? yes, same thing. cable.

bottom line, if you'll buy a logitech, be prepared to fix the cable yourself. either that, or it's not worth buying.

Good to know. What a shame. Slightly better strain relief or 25 cents more put into a better cable would likely solve the problem.

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,305 XP

15th December 2002

87 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#8 2 years ago

I always prefer Microsoft keyboard and mice, they're not gaming but they are comfortable to use and reliable and quality made.

I've had Logitech mice before though, they were very good, until one of them went poof in a cloud of magic smoke.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

unic0rn

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#9 2 years ago

i've got a wireless microsoft keyboard and mouse and can't complain. hardly a gaming hardware, but they're very comfortable indeed.

unic0rn

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#10 2 years ago

on different note, new gigabyte xm300 may be interesting.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/XM300/1.html