citystars1142

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

4th June 2004

0 Uploads

1 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

alright i've asked in many different places but i figure there are many people who may help me here, so bare with me... OK, about my computer, its newly built with a PCCHIPS motherboard, P4 processor, nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 128 ddr Verto, WIN xp, 512 ram... So now every time i play NHL 2004 i will get about 5 minutes into a game and the game will either freeze my entire computer or just crash and unexpectedly close out. I have all the latest drivers and patches for the games and my gfx card so that is probably not the problem. I have learned that the problem might be in my refresh rate, and i downloaded the program NVRefresh tool 2.1 . My resolution is 800x600 on a fairly small monitor. The default refresh rate on this new program is set to 85 Hz, so i went to play nhl 2004 and it froze my computer again really fast. I need to know: -what this refresh rate even means -what i need to set it at for 800x600 resolution -what else i may need to set (there is no framerate option within the game menus, but i have heard on games like BF1942 that there is some videodefault iption that they change from 0 to 1 that fixed the problem, but i dont know of such an option for NHL 2004). your help would be greatly appreciated, seeing as how the main reason for building this new computer was to be able to play NHL 2004, and i cant even get through the first period of a game. frown.gif Thank you so much for your help (in advance smile.gif )

Gimpy

The gimped up gimp

50 XP

25th March 2003

0 Uploads

623 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

refresh rate is bassically the FPS (frames per second) of your monitor, the higher the smoother animations, transitions, etc... movies are set to 30fps games can go as high as 200+fps (depends of game a graphics card, the 5200 may not beable to handle that much refresh rate, try 60 hertz, still dont work go lower.

it doesnt really matter what the res and the refresh rate is...

i dont think nhl allows you to set the game fps... it think it just runs on the refresh rate.