RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,401 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,121 Posts

1,330 Threads

#1 2 years ago

NVIDIA just announced the newest TITAN class card and it's a beast. Not quiet the $10,000+ Tesla P100 class beast but it's up there.

While impressive this card doesn't seem to be aimed at gamers (that's the inevitable 1080Ti). It was announced at Standford University and seems to be pushing a lot of Deep Learning performance numbers. It'll still kick ass at games but at $1,200 it's out of the budget of most gamers.

• 11 TFLOPS FP32 44 TOPS INT8 (new deep learning inferencing instruction) 12B transistors 3,584 CUDA cores at 1.53GHz (versus 3,072 cores at 1.08GHz in previous TITAN X) Up to 60% faster performance than previous TITAN X High performance engineering for maximum overclocking 12 GB of GDDR5X memory (480 GB/s)

Launches August 2nd and is mentioned as only being available from Nvidia directly. Unknown if there will be AIB versions of this card. If they go the route of the original Titan, maybe not. Especially if they aren't targeting this towards the gamer, that'll again be the inevitable 1080Ti.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,011 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#2 2 years ago

Nice. It is good to see that Nvidia is pushing the boundaries again. I wonder if AMD can keep up with their latest generation.

c0mpliant VIP Member

50 XP

9th March 2003

0 Uploads

1,947 Posts

0 Threads

#3 2 years ago

I think the price point is being misunderstood by a lot of people. The Titan series was never supposed to be affordable or the majority card for Nvidia customers. Its about providing insane amounts of power for the people who are willing to pay a higher power per dollar/euro ratio. 

I'm really glad to see this card being announced but I just hope nvidia ramp up their production line and actually make the products available to buy.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,931 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,511 Posts

38 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Aye, these are basically consumer prototypes. They're not supposed to be put in your standard gaming system. They're intended for those that do benchmarks, or really want to push the boundaries. They're luxuries. Like a golden Porsche or something.