TheMitter

BuriedMySoul10FtUnder

50 XP

7th March 2005

0 Uploads

276 Posts

0 Threads

#1 16 years ago

Awhile ago i was asking bout a old sp97-v motherboard, when i was searching for a processor for it, i came across another motherboard with the cpu for $20.00. The cpu was a K6-2 350mhz with 100mhz fsb. The motherboard is a VA-503+, not sure what company, when i search it on the internet, i get tons of reviews for it. I think mine is a revision 1.2, cause it has the extended choices for the fsb. I found a 533mhz with 95mh fsb amd k6-2, which i plan on putting in it. I cant find jumper settingsfor this, I have tried a few times, but like I said, only get reviews. Little help plz?

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#2 16 years ago

I'm going to be lazy this time...

Tips for using Google, the more words, the more likely you are to find what your looking for. It also helps to put the more important words first, since it affects how Google prioritizes the search.

For example this should bring up what you want. Manual VA-503+ Jumper Settings

Other things that could help are

Jumpers AMD K6/2 Core Clock Frequency FSB "Front Side Bus"

Try searching for this as well, leaving out the motherboad. Often the jumper settings are the same from board to board.

AMD K6/2 Clock FSB Jumpers

TheMitter

BuriedMySoul10FtUnder

50 XP

7th March 2005

0 Uploads

276 Posts

0 Threads

#3 16 years ago

Thx....and yet....damn you.....having to be lazy on me.....lol

TheMitter

BuriedMySoul10FtUnder

50 XP

7th March 2005

0 Uploads

276 Posts

0 Threads

#4 16 years ago

Still not finding anything. Everything I look at says something bout jumpers, and how the motherboard did them very inconveniantly.....I heard i need a bios update for it to support a k6-2. How do i do this? I don't have internet access at home right now, family isn't doing to well. Medical bills and such. I still havn't figured out what company its made by.....Monster_User, i no you could probally find something...PLZ HELP! AH! I have to go, i have physics homework to do..........

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#5 16 years ago

http://www.fic.com.tw/support/download.aspx?dl=motherboard%2fmanual%2fsocket7%2fva-503%2b%2fva-503%2ba4sh.zip&title=va-503%2ba4sh.zip&info=manual

That is the Manual for your motherboard. A4_2.pdf in the *.zip will show the jumper placement.

To use a 533mhz K6/2, you'll need to get as close to a 5.6 multiplier as you can, without going over.

FREQ1 1-2 FREQ2 1-2 FREQ3 2-3

CLK1 2-3 CLK2 1-2 CLK3 2-3

FIC First International Computers made your motherboad. http://www.fic.com.tw/

Here is the support page. http://www.fic.com.tw/support/motherboard/motherboard.aspx?model_id=19

TheMitter

BuriedMySoul10FtUnder

50 XP

7th March 2005

0 Uploads

276 Posts

0 Threads

#6 16 years ago

well, those tables came on the motherboard, it is other things i don't no, the sdram crap, and stuff like that

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#7 16 years ago

SDRAM is as easy to use as DDR. Its the RAM. It has little to do with the processor.

I didn't tell you how to update (flash) the BIOS, because I've never done it. It is risky, to say the least. One wrong move, and the motherboard will not work.

I gave you the link, just download the latest version of the BIOS, its the second one on the list. Unzip it, and run the FLASH tool from inside Windows 9x. You have to be running Win9x on the motherboard. http://www.fic.com.tw/support/motherboard/motherboard.aspx?model_id=19

TheMitter

BuriedMySoul10FtUnder

50 XP

7th March 2005

0 Uploads

276 Posts

0 Threads

#8 16 years ago

well, i don't have a clue what my problem is, i thought i had some of the jumpers mixed up, cause i wasn't getting a picture on my monitor, but you see, when i would listen to the computer, i can hear it loading, just fine. That is why I needed help. I don't know what the prob, what i think is my socket is fried for the cpu, or something, but still, i swear the hard drive and cd drive loads.....I can hear it.....

Kilobyte

What does the Fox say?

69,060 XP

23rd November 2002

0 Uploads

6,468 Posts

0 Threads

#9 16 years ago

Well by "load", do you mean they power up? Or does it sound like its loading Windows?

Are you sure its a good video card?

Are you sure the processor works?

Are any of the pins on the processor bent, or broke?

If the drives just power up, then the socket may be fried. If the Hard Drive continues to grind away, like they do when loading Windows. Then its definately not your socket, or processor.

TheMitter

BuriedMySoul10FtUnder

50 XP

7th March 2005

0 Uploads

276 Posts

0 Threads

#10 16 years ago

My hard drive doesn't "grind" it sounds like it loads, and then stops, it is still on though, It I tried 2 processors, both have all their pins, i think it is the socket.