Outlook 2007 problemo 1 reply

Please wait...

We're currently in the process of moving servers, parts or all of the site will be unavailable for a few hours. Sorry for any inconvenience!

MoonJelly

ACID

50 XP

20th January 2005

0 Uploads

198 Posts

0 Threads

#1 7 years ago

I keep on getting the 'Enter Network Password' pop up that does not stop. After I type it in I get my mail, but I have to do it every time. I've set up many Outlook 2007 accounts at my work here, and have always been able to fix that issue. This time I cannot. I've tried re-installing Office 2007, delete that file from the registry, and also creating new outlook data files and accounts.

The laptop I am doing this on though has been through a lot. I had to wipe the viruses off of it, and delete a lot of programs and registry items. It runs great now, but it just has this one issue with the email password. I already did all these steps - Save password setting not retained in Outlook or Outlook Express

Any ideas?

Caprica-Six

Toaster

50 XP

24th August 2010

0 Uploads

339 Posts

0 Threads

#2 7 years ago

Google is your Friend!!!!!!!!!!!Found this for you

The MS article does not solve it. Here is the real solution. I also had this issue in Outlook 2003, but also in indows Live Messenger and Internet Explorer 7. I spend hours and hours searching the internet and could not find the solution. The only possible solution you find on almost all forums (but does not help in most cases is to repair the protected storage system provided registry key: Save password setting not retained in Outlook or Outlook Express. So, here is a solution that is not even in the Microsoft knowledge base. It helped me and hopefully many others. It was found because I new exactly when it started to happen: after uninstalling a software program. The uninstall procedure removed to many registry keys... HERE WE GO... Important: this solution contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. View the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge

Are you using XP, Vista or 7?