Please help! 5 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 10 years ago

Ok, so i was on megaupload.com (A file uploading website) and as i started to download a file, a popup came up. I closed the pop-up (The correct x button), and the pop up, which is called Antivirus 2008 installed itself. Now the thing won't uninstall properly, it says i have 675 viruses/malware etc on my pc, changes my background every time i turn my computer on, i can't send it to the recycle bin since it automatically starts every time i turn the computer on and i can't change that option. I've run my virus checker (Sophos) and it hasn't detected any viruses or anything. Has anyone got any idea of what i should do?

Sorry if i've not explained it well

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 10 years ago

Download Superantispyware trial on SUPERAntiSpyware.com - AntiAdware, AntiSpyware, AntiMalware! and run it. Trust me it has saved me from several problems such as as soon as I clicked on a folder it took me on a website that contained a virus. I am glad that NOD32 blocked it.

Dont mind the name, it is one of the better programs out there.

AzH

I'm too cool to Post

269,650 XP

17th September 2003

0 Uploads

24,050 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

Download and run http://87.249.108.115/strider2/link.aspx?name=download

It's bloody marvellous!

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 10 years ago

Thanks for the quick replies! I'll try the first one and see what happens.

Babeman

A dog+sombrero=awesome.

50 XP

11th August 2008

0 Uploads

487 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

I would choose Avast 4, my friend had the same problem, he had 570 viruses on his computer and even his wallpaper was a virus (had links to antispyware everywhere on desktop). I ran avast and it removed every single one safely and efficiently, the computer was a lot faster after it also. They also have great forums if you have any other problems. avast! antivirus - high security and protection from malware with anti-spyware and anti-rootkit software built in

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 10 years ago

His problem is fixed just so that you know.