Colin_C

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th January 2005

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

Hi, I am having trouble finding the most recent compatable Nvidia driver for my (ASUS v9520 Magic) GeForce FX 5200. I tried updating to the new Nvidia 77.72, but the driver version doesn't support my card because I kept getting (system malfunction contact your vendor) while playing media player and it didn't do it before. I used add/remove on my Nvidia drivers and it went back to VGA. I am going to try the 53.03 right now. I also have microsoft windows XP professional (5.1 ,Build2600) and the Nvidia site only shows drivers for winXP pro x64 edition and winXP/2000 for some reason(what's with that?). What's the best up to date version I can get and where?

Revenge VIP Member

Shizzle my nizzle

117,165 XP

28th July 2004

0 Uploads

10,354 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

The standard XP Home drivers should work on Pro. If they don't, try the DNA-Force Drivers or the Omega Drivers (but the nVidia Omega drivers are outdated and discontinued so only use if nothing else works).

M!tch VIP Member

intermittently erratic

130,170 XP

12th March 2004

0 Uploads

11,767 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago

try somewhere like driverguides.com, they have old drivers for most pc hardware

heres the link to nvidia drivers:

http://list.driverguide.com/list/company744/index.html

or guru3d

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10

Thinking about it.

Colin_C

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th January 2005

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

Thanks for your help, I just installed an ASUS driver last night but I am going to go back to the Nvidia drivers. Thanks for the site on older drivers. Does anyone know which Nvidia driver version would be best, as the 77.72 didn't work correctly. Also, I have the ASUS VGA Driver CD... should I install the ASUS enhanced driver or the Nvidia WHQL off the CD and then update the driver or just get the latest driver from scratch?

FN_lewrbm69

It's Not Easy Being Green

50 XP

10th November 2003

0 Uploads

3,372 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

i thought the defalt nvidia drivers workd for all cards.(well most form gf4 an up)

Colin_C

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

6th January 2005

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

Ok, you are right... I uninstalled my previous driver and installed the Nvidia 77.72 driver, which seems to be work fine and shows it in my specs. The same thing is still happening though when I run media player (mpegs/video), the video will start playing, and then I will get a blue screen that says system malfunction contact your vendor. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? I appreciate your guys' time and help muchly!

M!tch VIP Member

intermittently erratic

130,170 XP

12th March 2004

0 Uploads

11,767 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

the ASUS drivers are probably similar or even the same as Nvidia drivers, they are usually supplied with the motherboard, i suggest you try some older nvidia drivers and if you still get the same problem it would mean that its possibly a fault with media player

Thinking about it.

Revenge VIP Member

Shizzle my nizzle

117,165 XP

28th July 2004

0 Uploads

10,354 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

You sometimes get issues when you don't uninstall the previous drivers before adding new ones. It happens when they remove a certain file from one version to the next, which tries to work under the new environment.