GOD111

I Am Teh God

50 XP

1st July 2004

0 Uploads

6,967 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

Okey boys, sinse I lack the Einstein gene, I will ask you guys:)

This is the deal. My girlfriends computer is a shitty old computer that harldy is worth to say its name. The videocard is just some lame intergrated I think. So I brought my computer over to her and thought I could plugg it in here...Wrong I were. My computer which is a badass (or better anyway) one, with a 6600 videocard didn't want to start her screen...

When I took a look, it's missing 3 pinns in the thing you are putting into the vid card. I was wondering, could it be that my videocard is much more sensetive to stuff like that, then what hers is? Because her's computer start the screen with out any problems, while mine just makes it black:uhm:

Little help please would be greatly appreciated:cya:

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 14 years ago

I dont get you?

So I brought my computer over to her and thought I could plugg it in here...

???

Chandu

I want to be like the Admins

50 XP

28th November 2005

0 Uploads

220 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

You mean the monitor plug is missing 3 pins? If it is, I really don't think it will on any video card, its not a issue of sensitivity of your card. Are you sure the display was working when you connect the older CPU?

Pethegreat Advanced Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Since I know C is going to come around and I don't want to make another thread for a question I will ask here.

Ok I got an xbox 360 for chistmas(awsome console) and I have a free month of xbox live. Now I have a Westell 2200 DSL modem from verizon. It has a USB and an ethernet jacks. Could I have the USB jack running to my PC and the ethernet cable running to my xbox? Would this work or do I have to go out and have fun setting up a router?

Oh, I have had a monitor cable with a few pins missing. I did not seem to notice any problems.

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

*SW3D3*- you need to clarify what you're asking. Do you mean that your computer won't work with your girlfriend's monitor?

[COLOR=darkorange]Pethegreat[/COLOR]- It might work but no guarenties. I would recomend getting the router anyway, because it adds a terrific security barrier for your PC.

GOD111

I Am Teh God

50 XP

1st July 2004

0 Uploads

6,967 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
marvinmatthew*SW3D3*- you need to clarify what you're asking. Do you mean that your computer won't work with your girlfriend's monitor?

Well the computer works, but the screen doesn't start up when I'm plugging it in my computer. But my GF:s computer starts up the monitor without any problem. And that is why I was wondering sinse I have a much better vid card then she has, if that could be the reason it doesn't start up at my comp. Like my vid card is more sensetive to errors on the screen or its cables then her's is?

Thx for any answers (regarding this:uhm: )

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
*SW3D3*Well the computer works, but the screen doesn't start up when I'm plugging it in my computer. But my GF:s computer starts up the monitor without any problem. And that is why I was wondering sinse I have a much better vid card then she has, if that could be the reason it doesn't start up at my comp. Like my vid card is more sensetive to errors on the screen or its cables then her's is?

Hmmmm, thanks for clarifying. You might try using your own monitor cable and seeing if that works. I doubt that your video card is more sensitive to errors.

It might be that your video card is either a) running at too high a refresh rate for her monitor, or b) that the resolution is set too high for her monitor.

Tell me, how old is her monitor. What is the brand, and model?

[+Glasius+] Advanced Member

THE snowman

50 XP

23rd January 2000

0 Uploads

1,670 Posts

0 Threads

#8 14 years ago
marvinmatthewa) running at too high a refresh rate for her monitor, or b) that the resolution is set too high for her monitor.

Thats it! Change the resolution and refreshrate to 800x600@60hz before you plug it into your GFs monitor.

GOD111

I Am Teh God

50 XP

1st July 2004

0 Uploads

6,967 Posts

0 Threads

#9 14 years ago

marvinmatthewHmmmm, thanks for clarifying. You might try using your own monitor cable and seeing if that works. I doubt that your video card is more sensitive to errors.

It might be that your video card is either a) running at too high a refresh rate for her monitor, or b) that the resolution is set too high for her monitor.

Tell me, how old is her monitor. What is the brand, and model?[/QUOTE]

I'm very soory to have to say that I have NO clue what so ever on the age of her monitor. It is a amitech:uhm: But it doesn't look that old. I mean, its not state of the lain, but as I said, its not frm the 50's either, if you know what I mean

[QUOTE='[+Glasius+]']Thats it! Change the resolution and refreshrate to 800x600@60hz before you plug it into your GFs monitor.

How am I supposed to do that, when I can't see my computer :uhm: I don't unfourtenly have 2 monitors, but only this one:(

Maybe I should mention that it doesn't start up at all, not even the boot text in the beggining when you are turning a computer on.

Thx for any answer(s)

Huffardo

Arrrr!

48,770 XP

29th November 2003

0 Uploads

4,632 Posts

0 Threads

#10 14 years ago

Hm, it's wierd if it doesn't work when booting up. Are you sure your computer wasn't shaken during transport, could the graphics card have jumped out from its place somehow?

Does your computer still start normally, i.e. it makes the ordinary noises and leds light up?

I'd suggest you to check all connections to be sure, most importantly that your video card is properly connected to your mainboard.