The_Computer_Wizard

The Force is strong with him

50 XP

10th September 2006

0 Uploads

321 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

ok, i have a program i got thats written in c and i want to run it on startup on my computer, which isnt the problem, i know how to do that through the registry the thing i want to do thats giving me a problem is the program reads in two pieces of information first, so when i run it in the command line i need to enter it like this c:\user\(my name)\desktop>start program.exe command1 command2 if i dont then my program wont work, now what i want to do is have it start on startup hidden (not a window on the taskbar) and ive done this in the past by going to the registry and putting in a value under run with a "-noconsole" command, but its not working now, and i think thats because the program views -noconsole as input into the program :( so how do i make this work?

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#2 10 years ago

This is just off the top of my head, there is probably a much easier way to do this, but have you tried creating a batch file and putting it in the Start Up Folder? (That folder that sits in the Start Menu, Windows starts up everything in that folder at startup)

To create a batch file (*.bat), create a new text document, open and put this on the first line c:\user\(my name)\desktop>start program.exe command1 command2

then save as a BAT file. If you double click it, if you did it right, it should start that program with the parameters.

The_Computer_Wizard

The Force is strong with him

50 XP

10th September 2006

0 Uploads

321 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

but wont that start the program in a consol window? i want to keep it off the taskbar