Flakpanzer

Official Forum Spoiled Kid!

50 XP

8th February 2004

0 Uploads

850 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Well, its been less than I year since I got my 360 (for christmas), but fortunately we got the extended warranty from Best buy. Anyways, I digress, one thing leads to another and now its a red-ringer. What do I need to bring with me to have it replaced at best buy? Anybody know? I've read varying reports on it, some saying you need the WHOLE system, others saying that they were told they only needed the console itself, etc. Any definitive word on this?

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

I believe the proper step to take would to be contact Microsoft. All 360's have a three year warranty for the red-ring-of-death.

SteVen

"World's Best Boss"

50 XP

14th August 2004

0 Uploads

3,254 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Yes call Microsoft. They will send you a box which you put your 360 in then ship it back to them. And in a week or so you'll have a new 360.

Flakpanzer

50 XP

8th February 2004

0 Uploads

850 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

Yeah, but I don't have a warranty through them (Microsoft), nor do I want to wait. If I read properly, it only benefits you if you already had the warranty from microsoft. Either way, its just faster to work through bestbuy, beings that I have a warranty through them anyways.

SteVen

"World's Best Boss"

50 XP

14th August 2004

0 Uploads

3,254 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago

I've never heard of Bestbuy giving out extended warranties for Xbox 360's. Are you sure they werent giving out Microsoft's extended warranties? And either way through Bestbuy or Microsoft your probably going to have to wait.

Flakpanzer

50 XP

8th February 2004

0 Uploads

850 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

Trust me, it has a warranty. Walk in, return it, get a new one right then and there. I just don't feel that I should return what I would otherwise be allowed to keep in such a return. I've returned consoles before to other places and all I had to do was return the actual console itself and got to keep the rest of the accessories that came with it, which is why I ask. All I need to know is what I can keep and what needs to be returned with it.

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

They should have given you a contract with your warranty that ought to specify what the warranty covers.

XCON_Faxion

I spend too much time here

50 XP

11th July 2003

0 Uploads

805 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

If you got a warranty through Best Buy you'll have to bring in everything, receipt, proof of warranty (that pamphlet they give you when you buy it), the console itself (no controllers, hard drives memory cards or custom face plates), I don't know if you'll need to bring in the power brick or cables. Best Buy will give you a brand new unit. You'll need to go to the best buy that you bought the console from, otherwise you'll need call Microsoft and have them send a box. The repair is free but takes a few weeks. I heard of a guy having to return 4 360s due to Red Ring in the same day.

Flakpanzer

50 XP

8th February 2004

0 Uploads

850 Posts

0 Threads

#9 11 years ago

So I don't need to include my controller or hard drive then? I may just bring it all to be on the safe side, because I don't wanna get shafted cause I forgot the manual to whatever or some BS like that. I just prefer to know beforehand so I don't forget anything important. Good, cause if thats the case, I'm much happier about the situation. I was chagrined about losing my saves and progress (even though now I can beat SC: double agent with my eyes closed, and breeze through GoW. I can live with those, its the other games I HAVEN'T finished yet.)