Things with sharp edges!

50 XP

23rd July 2005

0 Uploads

998 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've posted, but knowing how knowledgeable you all are, I've come back to get some opinions.

I've decided to make the leap and buy a giant-arse HDTV, the 52" Samsung LN-T5271 to be exact. I've done some shopping around, and the lowest price I've found is $2,235.00.

So my question is, having already shopped around, can anyone suggest any sites that may have a lower price, while still being trust-worthy? Any responses are appreciated.

N88TR

Old school pimp

50 XP

10th February 2004

0 Uploads

9,921 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

PriceWatch and PriceGrabber are always good.

>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

I noticed from your profile you're in Ohio. You may have a local seller in your area that sells direct to customer without the middle man. That's how I bought my Samsung HDTV 26" CRT with no shipping and at a price below all the stores. It even matched the best price I saw online.

Cap'n Rommel

The Good

50 XP

7th August 2004

0 Uploads

8,766 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

I would go for something more classy in that size if I where you: Panasonic, Pioneer, Sharp and Sony.

As it is now, Samsung makes brilliant bang for the buck tvs.. but if you got the monies, go for the best.

>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

LOL, lumping Sharp and Panasonic in with Sony and Pioneer clearly shows that you aren't aware of Samsung's quality, which is closer to that of Sony and Pioneer than Sharp and Panasonic.

Cap'n Rommel

The Good

50 XP

7th August 2004

0 Uploads

8,766 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

I am indeed aware of samsungs quality, Ive had two (one got stolen) 32" HD lcd over the last two years, and yes they are amazing, but the Big screen masters includes sharp and panasonic. But yes I agree that Samsung follows up and is nearly as good.. but they cant match Sony or Pioneer in that price class