FileFront Network Staff

50 XP

7th June 2003

0 Uploads

2,058 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

Hey everyone,

My girlfriend has a Sansa e250 MP3 Player, and his having some problems with it. She has copied quite a lot of her music on to it, and 94 Music Files are showing the name "Unknown" on the MP3 Player Display while browsing through the music archive. While the other 100 music names are just showing fine. I'm checking the music files on her MP3 player right now through the pc, and they all are fine. Anyone knows the problem?

PS: This is her MP3 Player: http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/249/sandisksansae250te8.jpg

ConstanceJill

Huh yeah, whatever ^^

38,761 XP

6th December 2006

0 Uploads

3,246 Posts

1 Threads

#2 10 years ago

Well what seems to be the problem ? Are the track names known but not displaying, or are you trying to identify them ?

>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

Not all mp3 players are capable of matching id tags on all songs. It usually depends on the software/firmware support they have and it also depends on the source you're copying from. That is a brand I have never heard of and it may not have the capabilities of some of the better known ones. Occaisionally I run into this problem with my music software but I can manually tag the songs, she probably has that option too. It takes a while but at least you only have to do it once per song, album, etc.

N88TR

Old school pimp

50 XP

10th February 2004

0 Uploads

9,921 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago
>Omen<;3921466Not all mp3 players are capable of matching id tags on all songs. It usually depends on the software/firmware support they have and it also depends on the source you're copying from. That is a brand I have never heard of and it may not have the capabilities of some of the better known ones. Occaisionally I run into this problem with my music software but I can manually tag the songs, she probably has that option too. It takes a while but at least you only have to do it once per song, album, etc.

In fewer words, yes.

I have the EXACT same problem with my Sansa 2 gig player. It only happens with files other than mp3, so it's not a big issue if you just use the player for music, but I have to use Audacity to convert my .mid and .ogg files. The files will still play, but you won't get the display of the file name unless it's in .mp3.

&gt;Omen&lt;

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

Audacity rocks, I use it to mix background music into my VirtualDub/Xvid videos. Since I own Total Recorder though, I generally convert with it.