Flakpanzer

Official Forum Spoiled Kid!

50 XP

8th February 2004

0 Uploads

850 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

I need to get my Xbox 360 set up on the network, but buying a wireless adapter is a bit too expensive, and I don't have enough cat5 cable to run from it to the router. Is it possible to run Cat5 cable from my 360 to my laptop, and just use the wireless connection my laptop has to my router in order to allow my 360 access to the internet so I can get updates and whatnot. I know Xbox live matchmaking and whatnot won't allow bridging, but thats fine because I don't have a gold membership anyways. I just need updates and downloads :D The laptop has Vista Home Premium on it. I would try to set it up but I don't know Vista's networking at all. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated :naughty:

Enterprise2002

Your friendly nutcase

50 XP

15th December 2002

0 Uploads

873 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

I've only played with the Vista beta and I don't have that any more, but from when I last checked after you've found your way to the network connections window. (If they've renamed it now. I dunno.) Highlight the 2 connections right click and Bridge Connections.

I think I'm right anyway. Been looking on the internet and can't find any specific guides to Vista, but ones I have found say 'Windows XP/Vista' so I am guessing it is pretty close.

Flakpanzer

Official Forum Spoiled Kid!

50 XP

8th February 2004

0 Uploads

850 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago

Yep, that worked perfectly. Thanks!