sridhar270

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th August 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I have Pentium 4 1.6 GHz machine. The OS I run is Windows 2000. My video card is Sis 300/200. Let me get to the problem:

a) Whenever I run any video file (be it mpg, mpeg, avi, wmv, etc.), it is not played properly. That is, the screen looks like it has been cut into 3 parts and each of these parts have the video running simultaneously. If I press Alt-Enter and view the video in full screen, it gets more garbled. But the irritating part is that this problem doesnt occur always. There are times when I can run 5-6 files wholly, without any problems. Then suddenly this problem occurs. I have all the latest codecs. I tried 3 other video players..but the problem is the same. Could someone please help me?!

b) I am not able to play certain games because they give an Cannot load OpenGL subsytem error. How do I rectify this?

c) Certain games like GTA3 have the problem of the screen getting refreshed often. As a result, some of the text keeps disappearing.

Could someone kindly help me solve these problems. Thanks.

[+Glasius+] VIP Member

THE snowman

50 XP

23rd January 2000

0 Uploads

1,670 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Update your videocard drivers. Sis 300/200 isnt the model name of your videocard, its the name of the GPU or something similar.

sridhar270

I'm too cool to Post

50 XP

7th August 2004

0 Uploads

2 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

How do I find out which video card I have? Could someone tell me whether there is a tool to detect the same?

FlyGuy45

*TRA* Spsk. Pilotka VVS

50 XP

22nd June 2005

0 Uploads

6,414 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

go to belarc website and download their advisor, it can tell you exactly what kind of video card you have