linkinpark

No Guts, No Glory

50 XP

20th February 2004

0 Uploads

194 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

[COLOR=black]I was wondering if anyone here has a Sony Ericsson D750i or K750i and could tell me if there is a time limit when recording videos. Also I have read that they crash and break easily, is that true and are there updates that have fixed the crashing? Is there a difference in software between the two because I have seen before that two identical phones on different network perform differently? If you have any other comments to make on them please could you tell me as I am thinking about buying one of them. [/COLOR]

DavetheFo

RogueDevil / Rogue Angel

50 XP

29th May 2003

0 Uploads

8,689 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

I've never encountered any problems with my K750i when doing anything with it, bar one problem.

Sometimes when you drop it, it will think you have opened the shutter. Easy enough to fix though, just open then close the shutter for the camera. Sorted.

rob.

I am the Walrus

50 XP

24th October 2004

0 Uploads

5,580 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

I have the k750i....Video Recording I believe is as long as is takes to fill up the memory card...I have never tried it.

As for the crashing; yes, the software is crap. My phone would crash maybe 3-4 times a week. I haven't yet tried to fix this, but there is a software update for them.

Did you mean w800i instead of D750i?

But anyway, the phone is great, software is rubbish. But that is fixable.

linkinpark

No Guts, No Glory

50 XP

20th February 2004

0 Uploads

194 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago
Did you mean w800i instead of D750i?

No, the D750i is that same as the K750i only with different buttons, a different camera door and is on T-Moblie.

DavetheFo

RogueDevil / Rogue Angel

50 XP

29th May 2003

0 Uploads

8,689 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

My phone is with 02, and I can safely say, that i have never experienced any crashes with it.

I didnt realise it was a known problem with the phone!

rob.

I am the Walrus

50 XP

24th October 2004

0 Uploads

5,580 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Oh it is pretty bad on mine.

When listening to music, the theme would get all mixed up...had to restart the phone to fix it. Most commonly, it would just flash white and restart itself. Ususally when trying to send a text message.

I like the phone, it is just very unstable with the software.