ffrookie6

A Man Chooses, A Slave Obeys..

50 XP

8th August 2006

0 Uploads

443 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

hi, me and my dad and bro worked on the comp for days ( this is our first and ill consider it a beta build since ill build mines one day--this is for my brother)

and like after we got the power into the mobo, dvd drive, 8800 GT, HD, and yeah

turned it on and the power supply went red light and it turns out we plugged the gfx card wrong so we fixed it.

we turned it on and we saw the BIOS and we moved around a bit and then it frozed soo we restarted and now its just blank or shows the XFX logo only x.x

now..what can we do? :O

thanks and hopefully i gave u guys enough info however if u need more ask plz :O

EpicLoad

OMFG!!! Where am I?!?

50 XP

4th June 2007

0 Uploads

1,648 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

So, I'm going to assume that this means you cannot get into the BIOS?

The only time I have seen this is due to a static discharge surging through the motherboard, in which case there is nothing you can do.

However, before you take the worst, try to remove the battery, wait a few minutes, then plug in the computer in without the battery and see if you can enter. If you can then you just need to replace the battery (Can happen).

ffrookie6

50 XP

8th August 2006

0 Uploads

443 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

ok today it seems that we have been able to move further, we swapped the 88 gt for now to save power, and then we inserted the vista os to install the files. first types of errors were unreadable or a blue screen of death.

then we took out that one thing from the hard drive and then it worked until it said unreadable or a blue screen of death.

we tried again and clicked format and it formated the disc and it allowed us to install even further but then it said that it cant install or something.

most of the time between then and there its like slow~ especially when its loadin the OS and stuff. and also my dad think its our memory so iunno x.x

EpicLoad

OMFG!!! Where am I?!?

50 XP

4th June 2007

0 Uploads

1,648 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

What brand and kind of memory are you using and what motherboard?

*The.Doctor

Trust me, I'm a Doctor

102,440 XP

25th November 2003

0 Uploads

9,964 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago
ffrookie6 most of the time between then and there its like slow~ especially when its loadin the OS and stuff. and also my dad think its our memory so iunno x.x

Is it detecting your hardware correctly in the BIOS?

ffrookie6

50 XP

8th August 2006

0 Uploads

443 Posts

0 Threads

#6 10 years ago

i think so but my dad got fed up so he sent it to Fries to get it installed correctly and runnin

i got some pictures of the erroes but i dont know how to upload it here x.x

ffrookie6

50 XP

8th August 2006

0 Uploads

443 Posts

0 Threads

#7 10 years ago

nvm got it, the problem seems to be the Memory @_@

anywho ill give more details later x.x