XLove & MutilationX

multimedia & web dev occultist

50 XP

19th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,507 Posts

0 Threads

#1 14 years ago

I've recently realized how loud the fan on my Ati Radeon 9800 pro video card is. it isnt insanely loud, but it can be heard from almost every room in my house. does anyone know of any decent silencers of any kind that would significantly cut down on how loud it is ? :uhm: thanks

Mr. Matt VIP Member

#BanRadioActiveLobster

356,809 XP

17th June 2002

7 Uploads

33,682 Posts

780 Threads

#2 14 years ago

You can get completely silent coolers, but they're large so you'd have to make sure the slot next to the AGP slot is clear, or can be cleared. They're basically just huge heatsinks, with no fans, that cool your GPU -- although you can also add fans to it if you want. There are some here, but you can get them from lots of places made by lots of people. If I got one of these, I'd have a fan attached to it and put an exhaust fan next to it, but that's because I'm paranoid -- they should work fine.

XLove & MutilationX

50 XP

19th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,507 Posts

0 Threads

#3 14 years ago

yeah, i went into a pc shop earlier today and he also suggested to remove the fan altogether and just put on a different fan/heatsink of some sort.he said that that would also help, and far less expensive then paying $60 + for a vga silencer... but meh. i really dont know at the moment - money is kinda tight for christmas,etc.

Revenge VIP Member

Shizzle my nizzle

117,165 XP

28th July 2004

0 Uploads

10,354 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

Cover your case with pink fluffy thick material. Connect two tubes from inside of your case to the outside world. Blow air constantly down one end while a friend sucks the other tube. Play game. Have fun.

XLove & MutilationX

50 XP

19th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,507 Posts

0 Threads

#5 14 years ago

wow. now that is creative... :uhm: