G33kinator

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

11th October 2008

0 Uploads

804 Posts

0 Threads

#1 9 years ago

Newegg.com - Acer G24 Orange 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 400 cd/m2 50000:1 (ACM) - LCD Monitors

Good price hdmi.

anyone here have it or heard good things.

still looking into this 1

kow_ciller

Gettin' hardware chilly

50 XP

16th June 2004

0 Uploads

5,787 Posts

0 Threads

#2 9 years ago

Looks decent enough. No way in hell I would own an orange monitor though

G33kinator

I follow teh Moo!

50 XP

11th October 2008

0 Uploads

804 Posts

0 Threads

#3 9 years ago
kow_ciller;4679641Looks decent enough. No way in hell I would own an orange monitor though

Looks hot to me lol.

only 2 videos of it on youtube thow.

Just came out in 2008

>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#4 9 years ago

I don't honestly know why so many people get hooked on those high DCR specs, esp on mere 6 bit panels. It's just a gimmick for those (generally familes with little kids) whom watch movies a lot in poor lighting conditions. DRC presets that are extremely high usually result in much worse color accuracy when you enable it, and it's not necessary with proper room lighting and the color inaccuracy of high DRC is much more noticeable once you have proper lighting.

It's a lot like the red push calibrated into TVs at the factory. It's merely to make them look bright in the stores and stand out so people will psychologically be drawn to them, but the color accuracy is terrible with lots of it. My Samsung 26" HDTV had a little bit of red push, but the first thing I did when I got it home was go into the service menu and take it out. Now the faces look like real skin tones and the colors with red spectrum in them aren't oversaturated and bleeding.