This looks like a good laptop, but I don't know anything about the P7350? 4 replies

Please wait...

LaughingCheese

Behold the Power of CHEESE!!!

50 XP

16th June 2004

0 Uploads

1,100 Posts

0 Threads

#1 10 years ago

Found what looks like a really good gaming/desktop replacement laptop on newegg. The only thing I don't like about it is the blu-ray drive, I don't need one of those just yet, it would probably be $400 less without it, and I would rather save than have a blu-ray. Also I'm not sure I need the TV Tuner card, but that's ok....

Anyway, my question is about the P7350....how does it relate to Intel's other laptop processors, like the T5750, T8100, T8300 etc series?

Is it a faster processor or slower?

From some research, it looks like its (the P7350) is a next-gen Penryn 45nm. I found its better for battery life, but I haven't found anything (so far) on graphics performance.

But this laptop has a great card and good ram, so should it be a problem?

DarkKrucifix7

Geek on the Internets

50 XP

26th February 2007

0 Uploads

568 Posts

0 Threads

#2 10 years ago

It seems to be a good buy to me. ( WAY out of my price range though )

From what I saw, it also has a larger FSB ( i think ) than some of the older processors.

As for the GeForce 9600M GT, It's pretty reasonable. Next Generation Performance Notebook PC - NVIDIA

Not the most powerful thing out there, but good

Mad Cat MkII

Sazamaphrase

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

5,387 Posts

0 Threads

#3 10 years ago

i actually have an upgraded version of that exact laptop and you will not be disappointed.

LaughingCheese

Behold the Power of CHEESE!!!

50 XP

16th June 2004

0 Uploads

1,100 Posts

0 Threads

#4 10 years ago

DarkKrucifix7;4544525It seems to be a good buy to me. ( WAY out of my price range though )

From what I saw, it also has a larger FSB ( i think ) than some of the older processors.

As for the GeForce 9600M GT, It's pretty reasonable. Next Generation Performance Notebook PC - NVIDIA[/quote]

Cool.

Also, if the OS is 64 bits, will I be able to play older games written for a 32 bit OS? Will it be backwards compatible?

Not the most powerful thing out there, but good

That's not what I'm after though. ;)

[quote=Mad Cat MkII;4544604]i actually have an upgraded version of that exact laptop and you will not be disappointed.

Awesome.

If you don't mind my asking, what exactly did you upgrade?

Can the Blu-Ray drive write DVDs?

Thanks

LC

Mad Cat MkII

Sazamaphrase

50 XP

7th November 2005

0 Uploads

5,387 Posts

0 Threads

#5 10 years ago

i got a faster processor, lightscribe, blue tooth, and so far i have been able to do all my old 32bit stuff under the 64bit OS