Pethegreat VIP Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#1 13 years ago

I have a powercolor 9600pro 256mb card and am running the lates version of the omega drivers(baesed of the 4.12b drivers) Are there any tweaks or programs out there, besides omega drivers and overclocking my card, that can help my performance? I would google but I'm not sure if the programs will work correcty. I'd like to tweak is so i get more FPS in games like far cry so I can play with the setting at high:D.

Mr.Nitro

Quality not Quantity

50 XP

30th November 2004

0 Uploads

281 Posts

0 Threads

#2 13 years ago

It is possible to flash the bios to a 9600XT but i am not sure how you go about it,maybe someone else might know?

Pethegreat VIP Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#3 13 years ago
Mr.NitroIt is possible to flash the bios to a 9600XT but i am not sure how you go about it,maybe someone else might know?

hmm flashing bios:naughty:. I bet it voids your warranty though:(. I have to see how long I have the warranty on my 9600 and after that I may try it, unless you have to mess with the card its self. If it is easy to do an i do do it(i know that was confusing) then how much more heat would it produce, since I'm incresing the clock rate by 100mhz?

rob.

I am the Walrus

50 XP

24th October 2004

0 Uploads

5,580 Posts

0 Threads

#4 13 years ago

how much more of a gain is the XT than the pro, i have a 9600XT and i have the omega drivers, i dont exactly want to overclock as i dont know much about it and i dont want to ruin the card, are their any other performance enhancments for it, like what pethegreat was inquiring about??

Σl.Ðestructo

People say I post too much

50 XP

12th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,449 Posts

0 Threads

#5 13 years ago

http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/ Try atitool for tweaking the core and memory speed. I just found it and it seems to work pretty stably. I have the same card as you pete, and after upping the core and memory speeds from 398mhz/202mhz to 420/220 i get about 15 fps higher in most games with 4x AA and 4x AF turned on. The heat at this point doesn't seem to increase much. Other forums i found had people claiming 480/250, but i'm not confident to try it using stock cooling. The people here seemn to know a lot about it http://forums.devhardware.com/ . The atitool site also has a bios catalogue for you to check. I'm not sure if i want to flash it to an XT though, because i know with these things even the smallest diff can kill it. My card has Elixir ram and none of the xt bioses have it so :eek:

Pethegreat VIP Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#6 13 years ago

I would try that but I still got a warranty on my card and i kinda fried my 9000pro before getting rid of it(generals had odd lines on it after running the card at 299/236 for a week):lol: I'd like to find a temp monitor for my 9600 so I don't have a repeat of my 9000pro. Hey i wonder if you can flash bios on a TNT 2:lol:. I got an old HP and I may see if i can mess with it:D

Pethegreat VIP Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#7 13 years ago

Oh if you want a way to adjust some of the finer parameter of your ATi card. Use the catalyst control pannel. It works out very nice:D All you need to do then is reinstall your omega drivers:D

Oompa

Battlefield 2

50 XP

14th July 2004

0 Uploads

2,650 Posts

0 Threads

#8 13 years ago

Catalyst Control Panel takes up tomany resources. You can do the same with normal drivers with out CCC through right clicking the desktop selecting properties click on the settings tab and then advanced.

Pethegreat VIP Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#9 13 years ago

Yes. I got to stop messing around with that... I got lines in C&C generals and i though i killed my card:eek: reinstalling the device's software fixed it...phew.

The CCC is good for normal users though who want to make the best of there card.

Σl.Ðestructo

People say I post too much

50 XP

12th February 2004

0 Uploads

1,449 Posts

0 Threads

#10 13 years ago

I dont use the control center, just the basic stuff because all the ccc adds is the preview that is meaningless and easy access to the overdrive stuff. also, since 4.11 it doesnt run on my pc.