Upcoming phones? 3 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

266,989 XP

15th December 2002

36 Uploads

22,448 Posts

1,693 Threads

#1 2 years ago

I'm debating weather to renew my contract early and get a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, or weather to wait until it's actually due in August and see what's available then;

Are there going to be any good phones coming out in August that I might want to hold out for, or should I just go for the edge?

I am liking the screen curving around the edges, and I want to get a Gear VR too, so Samsung is my favourite choice currently.

(And for those wondering; Microsoft have all but abandoned the market. I'm jumping ship.)

Thanks!

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#2 2 years ago

You're welcome.

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S6, upgrading from an S4. It's an amazing leap, not only in build quality but also battery life. I would definitely say to stick with Samsung, as they seem to have the best support right now. Nexus owners are getting shafted by Google when it comes to updates, and HTC are sketchy when it comes to the hardware side.

But for goodness sake, stay away from OnePlus. There are dozens of horror stories about their support and QA. People excuse them for being a budget firm, but they're not going to stay in business if all their phones keep breaking.

GateCrusher420 VIP Member

What is this place?

71,255 XP

17th February 2007

0 Uploads

6,233 Posts

1 Threads

#3 2 years ago

I'm gonna be rocking team Apple again here a few months when it comes time for the release of the new iPhone 7, will most likely get the iPhone 6S Plust just to save some money and the fact that I don't need the latest and greatest.  Only reason I'm going to upgrade is because I'm limping along with my 6 currently as I nearly broke it a week ago.  It's bent and it bothers the hell out of me.  If I hadn't've messed it up, I'd be keeping it.  Last phone I upgraded from was the iPhone 4 and that was because iOS 8 all but broke it.  I am tossing up the idea of going back to an Android device such as a Samsung Galaxy.  I had a Motorola Droid X and Droid X2 after an Android update broke my first one.  About the only reason I'd go Android again would be the expandable storage.  I like to take a lot of pictures and videos with my phone and really get tired of having to clean my phone off any time I go to an event.  Then again, I was stupid and went with a 16GB iPhone 6.  Really easy to fill up with apps, books, songs, and pics/vids.  But, I prefer the iOS interface.

Going off of testing alone....  Samsung > all other android devices.  Better quality product and their version of Android just seems to be the sleekest and most streamlined.  

NubSmoo

50 XP

3rd May 2016

1 Uploads

34 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

I love my HTC One M9 though there is probably better coming out

Desktop Specs: CPU: AMD FX-4130 Quad Core @ 3.8GHz, Motherboard: ASRock N68-VS3 FX, Ram: 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz, GPU: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti SC (EVGA),Case: Raidmax ATX (B