Von II

aka noobst3R

50 XP

16th June 2008

0 Uploads

4,339 Posts

0 Threads

#1 8 years ago

Basically, I want to upgrade this old 775 setup that I have here. It's running a e5200 and a gts250. I'm from Belgium, and I only buy from Belgian and UK shops, I'm not going to bid on some gpu in the US via overclock.net or so. Ebay.be/co.uk is ok if I need second hand. I game quite a lot, on 1920x1080 and I like some AA sometimes, but at least high/max ingame.

I basically want to go SLI, but the PSU is only 400 watts and my mobo is the cheapest Asus lga775 to be found. So, I need some advice upgrading this.

I'm most likely going for an Corsair psu, one that provides just enough for a second gts250. If there are some real deals that are worth checking out, feel free to suggest.

The mobo however, I have no idea.

I intend on keeping my CPU, it's decent enough imo, unless I find something better for under 70€-80€ that is worth the upgrade (second hand is acceptable).

I have a TRUE, dual-fan, so I should be able to overclock anything that I can find CPU wise, so if you know of a cheaper cpu than for example a q6600 but has more power than the q6600 if overclocked, please tell me!

My gts 250 512mb is from Zotac, dual-slot cooler (with this full case, no components visible, you know what I mean), so I'd like my second one to have the same style of case, and if possible, also from Zotac, but I haven't managed to find any.

Sorry for the tl;dr, but just wanted to be clear and avoid to answer five questions ten times later on :p.

Thanks, noobst3R

kow_ciller

Gettin' hardware chilly

50 XP

16th June 2004

0 Uploads

5,787 Posts

0 Threads

#2 8 years ago

I say keep saving, upgrading on top of what you already have will be pointless. Your best shot would be to upgrade video cards, but even then you'll be screwed with your PSU.

Von II

aka noobst3R

50 XP

16th June 2008

0 Uploads

4,339 Posts

0 Threads

#3 8 years ago

I know, I know, I just want to upgrade this, no questions asked. :p