Shintsu

For the glory of Helghan

50 XP

10th April 2005

0 Uploads

12,926 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

Ok, I think this applies more in the tech department, so I'll put it here. I want to buy the Xbox 360 HD VGA cable, and it has the end that goes to the 360 on one end, and the other end has a VGA cable and a left and right audio plug. Now, I have a Sony Trinitron Mutliscan 400 PS, and I currently use BNC as my input, and the other is HD15 (I do have an input selector on the front of my monitor). First question, Can I have my 360 and Computer hooked up to my monitor? Secondly, I have Logitech Z-5500 Digital Speakers, and an M-Audio Revolution 5.1, and I want to know, what do I do with those left and right audio cables? Can I make it recognize my 5.1 Digital surround somehow, or must I have stereo? Thirdly, am I going to need any sort of adapter of any kind to make this run on my monitor. Lastly, since I will be getting a PS3 in the coming spring, can I hook a splitter of some sort to my monitor so I can switch from PS3 and 360, or will I have to manually do that? Thanks for any and all help. This has me quite excited since my previous solution to my 27" JVC with a max input of S-Video (Currently using Composite) was to buy a whole new TV with HD Support, or at least Component. P.S., Will this look anywhere near as good as something like 1080i/p, or 720(or 740, I forget which)p/i, or am I best off just using S-Video.

[+Glasius+] VIP Member

THE snowman

50 XP

23rd January 2000

0 Uploads

1,670 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

Please post a link to the TV you have..

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#3 12 years ago

There is a RF adapter you can buy it houses 5 RF leads and then you just choose which lead you want used if u get me

Shintsu

For the glory of Helghan

50 XP

10th April 2005

0 Uploads

12,926 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Its not a TV...it's the monitor I use for my computer. Here is a link (there is no official stuff on it) that has some specs and a pic on it. I really need a response ASAP if at all possible. Also, I've noticed the back of my speaker control tower says front, rear, and center/sub, and the cable the VGA HD adapter comes with is only left and right, afaik.

[+Glasius+] VIP Member

THE snowman

50 XP

23rd January 2000

0 Uploads

1,670 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago

Im a little lost here, which isnt so uncommon :p

Your 360 is currently connected to the monitor using BNC /w stereo sound and your PC is connected using VGA -> HD15?

You want to connect your 360 using a VGA cable -> HD15 plug in your monitor, but that leaves your PC unconnected? And you want the 360 to function with the PC surround system and maybe another HD15 plug incase you get a PS3?

Shintsu

For the glory of Helghan

50 XP

10th April 2005

0 Uploads

12,926 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago

Well, I've already gotten the cables, and my monitor has two inupts, BNC and HD15. I use BNC for my computer, and I plugged the 360 into the HD15 slot.

[+Glasius+] VIP Member

THE snowman

50 XP

23rd January 2000

0 Uploads

1,670 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

There are, as Jakkc said, adapters that would allow you to switch between the PS3 and 360. Seeing as you only have stereo sound jacks for the 360 I dont see how you could get your surround sound working..

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 12 years ago

But that Monitor isnt HD so im confused :S

Pethegreat VIP Member

Lord of the Peach

70 XP

19th April 2004

0 Uploads

20,892 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago

Yeah it is. He can do 1280x720 on there. He will get HD resloution.

I look at the speaker you have and you can't plug them directly into the inputs in the subwoofer. You need to figure out how to run the audio inputs into your sound card and send them out to the speaker. I don't have clue if you can do it though.