littlejohn1959

live,love,laugh, and ,,,,GAME

50 XP

12th August 2006

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=18153&vpn=VX922&manufacture=ViewSonic greetings . could you please give me your opinion on this monitor . pros or cons . iwant it for gaming mostly . any help or suggestions , would be great . cheers .

Chocu1a

Feel my heat, Heavens on fire.

45,365 XP

3rd August 2005

0 Uploads

4,209 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

I have the 17 in version. It is amazing. almost no ghosting(its lcd....can't be helped) great color & it is very stylish. Only con is it is not height adjustable. Only tilts forward/backward.

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

It's responce time (2m/s) is quite low for an LCD, so it will do very well with gaming.

However, the problem with 19' lcd monitors is that you can't see anymore with them than could you with an 17's monitors. Both sizes of LCD screen max out at 1280x1024 screen resolution. I would recomend looking for a 19' widescreen monitor.

littlejohn1959

50 XP

12th August 2006

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

i play alot of older type games . i doubt if they would support widescreen . flight sims , comanche gold , apache air assult , jetfighter , lock on , etc .

marvinmatthew

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago
littlejohn1959i play alot of older type games . i doubt if they would support widescreen . flight sims , comanche gold , apache air assult , jetfighter , lock on , etc .

Then get a 20' monitor if you can afford it.

Otherwise, I don't think that the 19's is worth the extra expense over the 17'.

littlejohn1959

50 XP

12th August 2006

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#6 12 years ago
marvinmatthewThen get a 20' monitor if you can afford it. Otherwise, I don't think that the 19's is worth the extra expense over the 17'.

i have a 17 inch crt at present . im upgradeing to lcd . im new to lcd . im just gathering as much info as i can . reccommend me a 20 incher . . provoide a link , if possible . ill take a look at it . cheers .

Oblivious

I tawt I taw a puddy tat...

50 XP

30th December 2002

0 Uploads

2,806 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago

These are very highly rated units, I've read nothing but good things about them. If you can live without widescreen, you certainly wouldn't be disappointed with the vx-922.

Pretty much any Viewsonic would do you well, so if you can afford a larger one, look at them first. Post back here with it for some feedback.

Here's a highly user-rated 20.1" widescreen 8ms Viewsonic VX2025 for ~$330. 8ms response time should still be plenty fast for gaming.

marvinmatthew

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#8 12 years ago

I too would recomend the ViewSonic that Oblivious has provided a link to.

littlejohn1959

50 XP

12th August 2006

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#9 12 years ago
ObliviousThese are very highly rated units, I've read nothing but good things about them. If you can live without widescreen, you certainly wouldn't be disappointed with the vx-922. Pretty much any Viewsonic would do you well, so if you can afford a larger one, look at them first. Post back here with it for some feedback. Here's a highly user-rated 20.1" widescreen 8ms Viewsonic VX2025 for ~$330. 8ms response time should still be plenty fast for gaming.

im kinda concerned about the widescreen part . most of the game i play , are old style game . they may not support widescreen . plus , i have the xfx 7600 gt , which is not a top of the line gpu . maybe you could pass another comment on those issues . thanks for replying . cheers . p.s i really didnt get much feedback on the 22inch acer . i guess not many people use it . cheers .

Oblivious

I tawt I taw a puddy tat...

50 XP

30th December 2002

0 Uploads

2,806 Posts

0 Threads

#10 12 years ago
littlejohn1959im kinda concerned about the widescreen part . most of the game i play , are old style game . they may not support widescreen . plus , i have the xfx 7600 gt , which is not a top of the line gpu . maybe you could pass another comment on those issues . thanks for replying . cheers . p.s i really didnt get much feedback on the 22inch acer . i guess not many people use it . cheers .

If you have some reservations, I think you would be quite pleased with just getting the vx-922. I was very happy moving from a 17" crt to the 19" lcd I'm using now.

As for the 7600gt having trouble with a WS, perhaps. But it probably would only have difficulty running the newer next-gen games on that high of a resolution. For older stuff like you are playing, I would suspect it would do just fine.

And afaik, games that don't support widescreen will just play in the center of the screen with ~1" black bars on both sides. Someone please correct that if I'm mistaken.