Chocu1a

Feel my heat, Heavens on fire.

45,365 XP

3rd August 2005

0 Uploads

4,209 Posts

0 Threads

#11 13 years ago

also...there is a website..widescreengaming..I think ...that helps you set up most games for widescreen through file editing. http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=Master_Games_List_-_A

littlejohn1959

live,love,laugh, and ,,,,GAME

50 XP

12th August 2006

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#12 13 years ago
ObliviousIf you have some reservations, I think you would be quite pleased with just getting the vx-922. I was very happy moving from a 17" crt to the 19" lcd I'm using now. As for the 7600gt having trouble with a WS, perhaps. But it probably would only have difficulty running the newer next-gen games on that high of a resolution. For older stuff like you are playing, I would suspect it would do just fine. And afaik, games that don't support widescreen will just play in the center of the screen with ~1" black bars on both sides. Someone please correct that if I'm mistaken.

ive read a review from toms hardware , and apparently the vx 922 is a great GAMING monitor .. fast and stuff . and may be easier on my 7600 as oposed to wide screen . see im new to computers in general . widescreen may work with the 7600 . but then again , it may not . i really cant afford another gpu . not yet anyways . this upgrade cost me towards 1500.00 bucks so far . now around 400 for a monitor . lucky i have a wife who understands that gaming is addictive .. ha ha .. as for configuring games for widescreen , well , ive never done that either . i never configured much with a computer , to be honest . i just like to plug in , AND PLAY . ha ha . anyways , ill consider all the info im getting here . i have the budget . its only the matter of chooseing the right monitor for my rig . thanks for replying . cheers .

Oblivious

I tawt I taw a puddy tat...

50 XP

30th December 2002

0 Uploads

2,806 Posts

0 Threads

#13 13 years ago
littlejohn1959 this upgrade cost me towards 1500.00 bucks so far . now around 400 for a monitor . lucky i have a wife who understands that gaming is addictive .. ha ha ..

I hear ya. I was shocked when my wife let me spend as much as I did this year on pc junk. I went overboard, but it was fun. I owe her bigtime. A nice vacation, a new diamond... something big. :)

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#14 13 years ago
littlejohn1959ive read a review from toms hardware , and apparently the vx 922 is a great GAMING monitor .. fast and stuff . and may be easier on my 7600 as oposed to wide screen . see im new to computers in general . widescreen may work with the 7600 . but then again , it may not . i really cant afford another gpu . not yet anyways . this upgrade cost me towards 1500.00 bucks so far . now around 400 for a monitor . lucky i have a wife who understands that gaming is addictive .. ha ha .. as for configuring games for widescreen , well , ive never done that either . i never configured much with a computer , to be honest . i just like to plug in , AND PLAY . ha ha . anyways , ill consider all the info im getting here . i have the budget . its only the matter of chooseing the right monitor for my rig . thanks for replying . cheers .

The 7600 does support widescreen, and trust me, it will kick ass at it. Hell, a GeForce 5200 supports widesreen.

Widescreen is incredible, you'll love it, go for it.

Standard definition screens are on their way out for use in home computers.

littlejohn1959

50 XP

12th August 2006

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#15 13 years ago
marvinmatthewThe 7600 does support widescreen, and trust me, it will kick ass at it. Hell, a GeForce 5200 supports widesreen. Widescreen is incredible, you'll love it, go for it. Standard definition screens are on their way out for use in home computers.

buddy , you got me thinking here . i game , alot . and ive researched widescreens also . they are amazing . im in no rush . i just want to get the right monitor, for this rig . ive posted here , as well as other forums concerning the 22inch ACER widescreen , but didnt get much feedback . ill keep reading and researching , and asking more questions .. you seem to know about widescreen .. is the 22inch ACER widescreen a possiblity?? cheers buddy . thanks for replying .

littlejohn1959

50 XP

12th August 2006

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#16 13 years ago
ObliviousI hear ya. I was shocked when my wife let me spend as much as I did this year on pc junk. I went overboard, but it was fun. I owe her bigtime. A nice vacation, a new diamond... something big. :)

im thinking , WIDESCREEN , again . i may have to wash or dry dishes again soon . and throw the hint that my monitor budget might have to be upgraded .. ha ha . ill vacume too . do floors , and windows . anything , FOR GAMING . ha ha . be cool oblivious , cheers . i kept that link for the viewsonic WIDESCREEN , you sent . ive read great reviews on that on also .

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#17 13 years ago
littlejohn1959buddy , you got me thinking here . i game , alot . and ive researched widescreens also . they are amazing . im in no rush . i just want to get the right monitor, for this rig . ive posted here , as well as other forums concerning the 22inch ACER widescreen , but didnt get much feedback . ill keep reading and researching , and asking more questions .. you seem to know about widescreen .. is the 22inch ACER widescreen a possiblity?? cheers buddy . thanks for replying .

From what I know, Acer does make some decent monitors, however, I'd be inclined to go with the ViewSonic, becuase they've been making monitors for many, many years.

That being said, if the responce time of the Acer is less than 9 milloseconds, it will be fine for gaming.

littlejohn1959

50 XP

12th August 2006

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#18 13 years ago

http://www.canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=009557&cid=MT.258 the one you guys reccommended has built in speakers . i have the logitechs 530 5.1s. can i get the same monitor , without the speakers ?? for me to get this monitor , delivered to my door here , will be roughly $500.00.. i have to get it ordered in . i doubt if the company i deals with can match the canada computer price . im sure the monitor is great . i just hope it works with my 7600 gt .. but then again , im pretty good buddies with the computer guy i deals with here . if something goes wrong , i could return it . i guess . one question ??? what will the older type games play like on this monitor?? will they be centered , as oblivious mentioned??? thanks for all the help here . yesterday i was leaning towards the 922 .. today im lean towards the 2025 .. maybe i should flip a coin . ha ha . cheers people .

Oblivious

I tawt I taw a puddy tat...

50 XP

30th December 2002

0 Uploads

2,806 Posts

0 Threads

#19 13 years ago
littlejohn1959the one you guys reccommended has built in speakers . i have the logitechs 530 5.1s. can i get the same monitor , without the speakers ??

I don't know if there is one without the speakers, but I doubt it would affect the price much.

Obviously monitor speakers are crap, and you'll never use them. Hook up your X-530's and forget the monitor even has any. :p

Enjoy your new monitor, your new rig and game on! (We're never too old to game, are we?)

littlejohn1959

50 XP

12th August 2006

0 Uploads

70 Posts

0 Threads

#20 13 years ago
ObliviousI don't know if there is one without the speakers, but I doubt it would affect the price much. Obviously monitor speakers are crap, and you'll never use them. Hook up your X-530's and forget the monitor even has any. :p Enjoy your new monitor, your new rig and game on! (We're never too old to game, are we?)

sounds great . i have to call the dealer here , and get the ins and outs . it usually take 2 week to get here . we live on a island .. ill repost as soon as i get it up and running . for sure . thanks for replying , and help . never to old for gaming .. i mean NEVER . ha ha . cheers buddy .