Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 2 years ago

For those unaware, Vivaldi is a sparkling new(got its first stable release in August) browser from some of the people behind Opera. It features many of the cherished features of Opera, as well as numerous improvements and a primary focus on user choice. It's highly customizable and has very extensive support. 

Mikey Über Admin

Caffiene Fuelled Ravings of an undiagnosed Sociopath.

45,338 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,847 Posts

213 Threads

#2 1 year ago

I used it. I don't really see why I'd choose it over Chrome? Are we still in the browser wars?

Mikey - GameFront.com - Lead Developer

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,396 XP

15th December 2002

48 Uploads

22,460 Posts

1,702 Threads

#3 1 year ago

I actually think Vivaldi is superior to Chrome and probably every other browser out there at the moment.

Sadly it's logo looks like shit, but what can y'do.

But this feels much more in the spirit of Opera was before it became "just another Webkit browser". I mean Vivaldi is Blink, which is just a fork of Webkit, but it feels more mature feature-wise than Opera already.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Mikey Über Admin

45,338 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,847 Posts

213 Threads

#4 1 year ago

But it feels clunky and odd. I don't need half of the features it offers.

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#5 1 year ago

"FileTrekker"I actually think Vivaldi is superior to Chrome and probably every other browser out there at the moment.

Sadly it's logo looks like shit, but what can y'do.

But this feels much more in the spirit of Opera was before it became "just another Webkit browser". I mean Vivaldi is Blink, which is just a fork of Webkit, but it feels more mature feature-wise than Opera already.

I actually think it's faster, too. Handles HTML5 and Flash better. Plus, the biweekly updates means that any bugs get fixed very quickly.

As for not needing the features, well... That's why there's choice. Those that just want a prepackaged browser that accesses websites can use Edge, Chrome or Explorer. But Vivaldi is perfect for powerusers that want absolute control. 

Lindale Forum Mod

Mister Angry Rules Guy

240,793 XP

1st February 2010

0 Uploads

23,401 Posts

2 Threads

#6 1 year ago

I honestly have never heard of this. In any case, I stick with trusty Firefox.

filesnation_by_lindale_ff-da1kplo.png

Mikey Über Admin

45,338 XP

13th June 2008

1 Uploads

3,847 Posts

213 Threads

#7 1 year ago
"Serio" As for not needing the features, well... That's why there's choice. Those that just want a prepackaged browser that accesses websites can use Edge, Chrome or Explorer. But Vivaldi is perfect for powerusers that want absolute control. 

Bloody hipsters :p