Weird monitor issue... 4 replies

Please wait...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,299 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#1 2 years ago

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?

I have a second monitor, and use it in Portrait mode. It's not the input of the monitor causing this, cause it'll do it on any input from any device and even over it's own built in menus, etc.

For some reason, there's a 1px white line, sometimes it will go yellow or pink. Giving it a wick will sometimes fix it for a bit, but it will eventually come back.

IMG_0785.jpg

Any ideas? Is it something fixable at all?

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

MrFancypants Forum Admin

The Bad

217,011 XP

7th December 2003

0 Uploads

20,003 Posts

6 Threads

#2 2 years ago

I had a similar issues with a Samsung TV once. It was a problem with the signal, not necessarily the cable but either the internal wiring or circuit boards used to process it. Bad soldering, most likely. Taking the monitor apart and putting it back together may help.

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,401 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,121 Posts

1,330 Threads

#3 2 years ago

If that is happening on top of the OSD from the monitor itself and when nothing is sending signal to it, might be a panel issue.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

269,299 XP

15th December 2002

85 Uploads

22,518 Posts

1,747 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Well, I tried to take it apart and see if I could anything with it, but it seems utterly buggered.

I'm just debating now weather I should buy a new, ultra-wide monitor and replace my current setup altogether or just buy a cheap replacement for a second monitor and keep the pretty bog-standard 1080p monitor I have now.

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

RadioactiveLobster Forum Admin

Jeff is a mean boss

565,401 XP

28th July 2002

0 Uploads

53,121 Posts

1,330 Threads

#5 2 years ago

I would love to go 21:9 but I refuse to go below a 1440p vertical resolution and monitors of that res are rather large (I couldn't continue to use my two side monitors if I had that in the middle) and they are really expensive.

As I'll never get another monitor without some sort of Variable Framerate tech (ala G-Sync) I'm looking at $1100 for a monitor that matches what I want.

I may be crazy but I'm not that crazy. Not yet at least.

If there is no image, Mikey broke something...