What to buy for 1500 bucks 8 replies

Please wait...

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#1 12 years ago

I am looking to purchase a new computer ( gamer of course ) , limited to around 1500 bucks , dual core?..dual processor?...And with flat screen or keep exisiting monitor to have more $$ into computer? , AMD or Intel?..Any ideas , or where to purchase best " bang for buck"..All the help I can get greatly appreciated...And , no , I can not build my own :) ..And lost windows cd , so need that included.

Oblivious

I tawt I taw a puddy tat...

50 XP

30th December 2002

0 Uploads

2,806 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

You can certainly get a decent pre-built gaming pc for $1500, but I have to say that your options increase significantly if you build it. I just built my first, and I swear it really isn't too difficult at all.

Take a look at this how to build guide and decide if you think you could do it. If so, I'll post back with high quality, low cost parts for a good gaming rig to fit your budget.

Corsair's How to build guide (with lots of pics)

Ultimate-Omen

Fix Yourself Broken

50 XP

5th May 2006

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

you could build your own, but i've had many friends buy from http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/ and they absolutely swear by the company. if you don't want to tinker around with building or you just don't know how to, this website is the "best bang for the buck"

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#4 12 years ago

Heres a nice PC ive customized http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/inf7900.asp?v=d You cant go wrong with those spec

Ultimate-Omen

Fix Yourself Broken

50 XP

5th May 2006

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago
VideoslaveHeres a nice PC ive customized http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/inf7900.asp?v=d You cant go wrong with those spec

actually you can. first off, if you have 1500 to spend, why go intel? second, why use the standard case psu? third, he mentioned that he has a monitor, if you take out the monitor from your spec, you could easily add another 7900. your flaw has been revealed! :D

edit: sweet mother of ogres, that case looks like a herpes outbreak.

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#6 12 years ago

ahhh I optmised it a bit I gave him some nice shit i guess the link went back to defult.

Ultimate-Omen

Fix Yourself Broken

50 XP

5th May 2006

0 Uploads

178 Posts

0 Threads

#7 12 years ago
Videoslaveahhh I optmised it a bit I gave him some nice shit i guess the link went back to defult.

really, for 1500 you should have at least: x2 4200+ 2gb ddr-400 ram 7800gt+ raptor 10k HD

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#8 12 years ago

$1496.00 summary_('CAS','CASE','CASE_5','SILVER','CPU','CPU','A9PCX_3200','','MOTHERBOARD','MOTHERBOARD','A9EVGASLI','','MEMORY','MEMORY','PC3200_512','Major_Brand','VIDEO','VIDEO CARD','FX6200TC_256','','VIDEO2','VIDEO CARD 2','VC_NONE','','MONITOR','LCD Monitor','MONITOR_NONE','','HDD','HARD DRIVE','HD160SATA2','','HDD2','Hard Drive 2','HDD_NONE2','','CD','Optical Drive','CD040','BLACK','CD2','Optical Drive 2','CDRW_NONE','','SOUND','SOUND','SC_ONBOARD71','',0);CASE: Hot New! X-Cruiser Mid-Tower 420W Case W/ WINDOW, MultiMeter Display & Control (Blue Color) CPU: (939-pin) AMD Athlon™64 4000+ CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology MOTHERBOARD: (Sckt939)EVGA nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCI-E Mainboard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio MEMORY: 2048 MB (512MBx4) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair Value Select) VIDEO CARD: SPECIAL!!! NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GT 256MB 16X PCI Express Video Card VIDEO CARD 2: SPECIAL!!! NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GT 256MB 16X PCI Express Video Card LCD Monitor: NONE HARD DRIVE: SPECIAL!!! 160GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive Hard Drive 2: NONE Optical Drive: COMBO DRIVE (16X DVD-ROM & 52x32x52 CD-RW) (BLACK COLOR) Optical Drive 2: NONE SOUND: New! Creative Labs X-FI XtremeMusic 24-BIT PCI Sound Card

That the best Deal I could get!

I didn't make it!

0 XP

#9 12 years ago

ok , slightly thinkng of building , as far as I have gone is , dvd burners , memory ,video cards....Also liking the cyberpower...hmmmmm.I would hate to mess something up builing one ,but I do want bst "bang for buck"...thank you guys so far for input , I will keep checking back , and when I get house refinanced will ask advise on choices I have....Ty again :)