mobil1_oils

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

11th September 2004

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#11 16 years ago

[color=gray]Personally id go for more memory, but im not much of a guru for anything hardware wise, lol. Having just blown up my own PC the first thing on my list at the moment is a new m/b and processor. Note to all hardware modders: cat hair + PC boards do not mix. [/color]

Force Recon

Semper fidelis

50 XP

10th July 2004

0 Uploads

2,637 Posts

0 Threads

#12 16 years ago

How did ya blow it up?You blew or something?

Force Recon

Semper fidelis

50 XP

10th July 2004

0 Uploads

2,637 Posts

0 Threads

#13 16 years ago

How did ya blow it up?You blew or something?:lol:

mobil1_oils

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

11th September 2004

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#14 16 years ago

[color=gray]lol, not quite. Cat hair, main boards, and molex connections, ad them all together and you have a mobo that gives hardware errors every 5 seconds, a fried 256mb stick of ram (luckily the other 512 stick is fine). A fried DVD rom, fried CDRW, a fried 120gig IDE HDD and a fried 40gig ide HDD (both 7'200 rpm) and a fried floppy disk drive. Basically im scrapping everything and starting over, the only thing that works fine is the 512 stick of ram (which i will keep) and the 2.0GHz celeron CPU which i will bin, and ill start afresh with my spare 120gig HDD and a new mobo + processor. If your wondering what sort of damage was done just imagine a PC thats been hit by either a power surge, or lightning strike :). Because ive had that happen before and its almost identical damage.[/color][color=gray][/color]

Force Recon

Semper fidelis

50 XP

10th July 2004

0 Uploads

2,637 Posts

0 Threads

#15 16 years ago

you were struck by a lightning or something?What about your PC now?

mobil1_oils

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

11th September 2004

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#16 16 years ago

[color=gray]Nah, was putting all my old hardware into a new case, and a clump of cat hair got stuck somewhere between a connection and created a surge. That surge was enough to blow both CD drives, both HDDs and my main board... essentially i have a PSU, CPU and a Floppy drive that works fine... but im going to start fresh... no point in buying a board to support a 2.0ghz celeron... might aswell get a board that supports a P4HT and then go for a 3.2 or 3.4. Just gunna scrap the old one and start again... i cant really afford to but i have no choice, with no mainboard i cant do anything. The pc itself wasnt hit by lightning but the damage that it done was similar to lightning damage. [/color]

Force Recon

Semper fidelis

50 XP

10th July 2004

0 Uploads

2,637 Posts

0 Threads

#17 16 years ago

I feel sorry for ya.I hope you get a new pc.Best of Luck!

mobil1_oils

GF Pwns Me!

50 XP

11th September 2004

0 Uploads

53 Posts

0 Threads

#18 16 years ago

[color=gray]Ty :). I will definately build a new one, its just a matter of when, lol. Hopefully i do have a bit more luck with this one :). Im just thankfull i have the dell to use as a backup. [/color]