Windows 7 & ATI Driver Issues. 2 replies

Please wait...

Skyrider

FileFront Network Staff

50 XP

7th June 2003

0 Uploads

2,058 Posts

0 Threads

#1 9 years ago

Hey Guys,

I have some issues installing ATI Video Drivers & the ATI software on Windows 7 (64 Bit.) I attempted a lot of installations, even the windows 7 64bit ones. It seems to install correctly, but when ever I check the hardware monitor settings, but I keep seeing this:

smallissue.jpg

Even if I remove it, then install the ATI drivers.. It keeps using the Microsoft drivers. How do I solve this?

Thanks!




*The.Doctor

Trust me, I'm a Doctor

102,440 XP

25th November 2003

0 Uploads

9,964 Posts

0 Threads

#2 9 years ago

Try completely uninstalling the ATI drivers, download Driver Sweeper and run it with the ATI cleaning options, and reinstalling the drivers.

Also, the X1300 is only supported up to Catalyst 9.3, try this driver instead:

ATI Catalyst? Legacy Display Driver

Its the Vista 64-bit version which should work fine with Win7 64, and the last version to support the X1300.




>Omen<

Modern Warfare

50 XP

1st January 2005

0 Uploads

7,395 Posts

0 Threads

#3 9 years ago

As Doctor said, your card is only supported up through Cat 9.3, as are ALL the X1000 series. That is why you should always use their driver search feature via inputting your model of GPU when choosing which one to install.

Also, if what Doc suggested by any chance doesn't work, try right clicking the exe of the driver before installing and choose to install with compatibility for the OS you know it to work on.

I've been running W7 32 bit with my X1950Pro for a few days now. I can't say I've had any issues except that one of the games I tested (Wolverine) runs noticeably slower on W7 than XP. Some have said that it's common with Unreal Engine 3 games in W7 though, which Wolverine is.

W7 seems to have a bit of trouble playing the audio for Bink video cutscenes as well (which use Ogg Vorbis), at least in Wolverine it does anyway. Some have said the jump from W7 Beta to W7 RC1 7100 solved the problem, but from what I can see it still remains.