Morbid_Murder

I want some tacitos

50 XP

22nd January 2005

0 Uploads

195 Posts

0 Threads

#1 9 years ago

The 537s came out only about 2 months ago. I should've got it in the first place instead of the 530s but someone recommened the 530s so I ended up gettin one. One of the big differences I saw is that the 537s is using an Intel GMA x4500 instead of a 3100.

Ordered on 5/29 and it came on 6/4 so I haven't had this for long. I heard gettin a refund from Dell is a pain.

I also forgot to ask...how would I tell what type of video card I need for this pc? The tower is pretty slim so I don't think a standard type would be compatible.

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,592 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#2 9 years ago
Morbid_Murder;4911075I also forgot to ask...how would I tell what type of video card I need for this pc? The tower is pretty slim so I don't think a standard type would be compatible.

Depends on what you use the PC for, if you use it for media purposes, a Geforce FX 5200 should do fine, by media I mean like watching videos, unless you want blu-ray, Photoshop CS3, or something like that in which case you'd want an ATi HD 4870 or Nvidia GTX 260. If you use it for games, a standard type of card, by today's standards, would be PCI-e, but your PC might be using an integrated GPU which is a chip located on the lower right part of the motherboard and feeds of the system RAM, and also doesn't have nearly the capacity to play games as well as dedicated graphics cards.

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.

Mastershroom VIP Member

Frag Out!

153,685 XP

18th November 2004

0 Uploads

14,196 Posts

0 Threads

#3 9 years ago

The 4500MHD is a superior integrated graphics solution to the X3100. You can even play Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source on it with comfortable frame rates at 1280x800.

That said, you'll probably have a tough time getting a full refund/exchange from Dell. Generally, they only do that if there's something wrong with your existing system. Otherwise, there will probably be a 15% restocking fee.

Morbid_Murder

I want some tacitos

50 XP

22nd January 2005

0 Uploads

195 Posts

0 Threads

#4 9 years ago

computernerd;4911099Depends on what you use the PC for, if you use it for media purposes, a Geforce FX 5200 should do fine, by media I mean like watching videos, unless you want blu-ray, Photoshop CS3, or something like that in which case you'd want an ATi HD 4870 or Nvidia GTX 260. If you use it for games, a standard type of card, by today's standards, would be PCI-e, but your PC might be using an integrated GPU which is a chip located on the lower right part of the motherboard and feeds of the system RAM, and also doesn't have nearly the capacity to play games as well as dedicated graphics cards.[/QUOTE]

There's only 1 game I ever play now (Guild Wars) and it's extremely easy on the PC. The entire thing costed me $590. I went with a 3ghz Core2Duo and 4gb of ram since I needed the speed. This is actually the first computer I've ever bought. The last one I had which lasted 7 years was given to me by my bro. I always had people on here and other forums to just build my own, and I'm starting to realize why. The next one I get is definitely gonna be homemade.

And some of those cases on newegg look pretty badass.

[QUOTE=Zamamee;4911101] That said, you'll probably have a tough time getting a full refund/exchange from Dell. Generally, they only do that if there's something wrong with your existing system. Otherwise, there will probably be a 15% restocking fee.

Yeah I messed up abit on this purchase but at least the newer model has the exact same CPU/ram that I got on this one. I'm pretty sure I'll just stick with this one. I was just hopin that I didn't rip myself off too bad. Kinda frustrated at the moment, but I'll get over it soon.

Andron Taps Forum Mod

Faktrl is Best Pony

261,592 XP

10th September 2007

4 Uploads

21,746 Posts

1,754 Threads

#5 9 years ago

Morbid_Murder;4911102The next one I get is definitely gonna be homemade.

And some of those cases on newegg look pretty badass.

Definitely a good idea. And speaking of cases you might like to check this out, I'm getting this one myself ;):

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER NV 690 NV-690C-KWN2-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

"I'd shush her zephyr." ~ Zephyr.