Acualy Is Confusingkid

Keep honking im reloading

50 XP

19th September 2006

0 Uploads

4,563 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

Hey thanks for reading this. I have a problem with my xbox 360, when i hook it up to my semi-hd (480P) tv,as long as only 1 set of cables are connected (either rca or component) it does just fine. I can play using either set, now in order for it to be in hd, what cables need connected? I've tried just the green,red, and blue set, and as long as i dont flip the HD/SDTV switch on the video cable, it does okay, but when i flip it on, my 360 will turn on, but it will have a bunch of lines through it and i can't make out anything. Is it something i'm doin? Is it my tv? Is it my cables? Thanks in advance for the help.

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Do you actually have an HD TV? 480p isn't HD.

Acualy Is Confusingkid

50 XP

19th September 2006

0 Uploads

4,563 Posts

0 Threads

#3 11 years ago
marvinmatthew;3855638Do you actually have an HD TV? 480p isn't HD.

it worked before(about a year ago) and my tv has the inputs for it, so i dont know why it wouldnt work. also, 480p is hd. its a higher definition than SDTV. That's why when you go to console settings>display>you can choose hd settings 480p,1080i, and im not sure if 1080p is supported. But it's in there 480p is like entry level hd

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#4 11 years ago

No, it isn't. There is a special term for resolutions like 480p that are better than SD, but not as good as HD. Unfortunately I can't remember what the term is. Not that the name matters, point is that it's not HD and as a result your TV is not HD ready, so don't expect it to display HD content properly.

If you're flipping the HD switch on then it sounds like you're making it display 720p or 1080i (which are HD, unlike 480p), which your TV can't display. That seems to be a reasonable enough reason why it won't work?

component generally provides superior quality to composite (RCA) so I'd use them personally.

Acualy Is Confusingkid

50 XP

19th September 2006

0 Uploads

4,563 Posts

0 Threads

#5 11 years ago
Bs|Archaon;3855678No, it isn't. There is a special term for resolutions like 480p that are better than SD, but not as good as HD. Unfortunately I can't remember what the term is. Not that the name matters, point is that it's not HD and as a result your TV is not HD ready, so don't expect it to display HD content properly. If you're flipping the HD switch on then it sounds like you're making it display 720p or 1080i (which are HD, unlike 480p), which your TV can't display. That seems to be a reasonable enough reason why it won't work? component generally provides superior quality to composite (RCA) so I'd use them personally.

yeah thats what im doing now and there is noticeable difference. But i could have sworn it worked like a year ago.. hmmm.

marvinmatthew

Tech is where you'll find me..

50 XP

13th April 2005

0 Uploads

3,627 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

480p is 'ED' or Enhanced Definition

Acualy Is Confusingkid

50 XP