Danny Game Admin

Former - FileFront Network Administrator

66 XP

11th September 2002

29 Uploads

1,446 Posts

0 Threads

#1 11 years ago

I have an ATI XT1900XTX currently in my computer (which is capable of TV capture including HDTV capture apparently) which came with a composite in which included an input for the three color hd composite cables (blue, red and green). Which i tried connecting the hd cables of the xbox360 to and nothing happened (yes i did switch the switch to hdtv on the connecting cable to the xbox :))

I normally use the video in cable with an S-video to record things off my sky + box so i know its not the video in port itself (for personal use only, just in case someone mentions it :)). Am i missing something or is there some kind of software or decoder for the hd tv capture?

The software that i use - Intervideo DVR3

Danny Game Admin

Former - FileFront Network Administrator

66 XP

11th September 2002

29 Uploads

1,446 Posts

0 Threads

#2 11 years ago

Since i can't edit the first post i'd thought that i would retype it to see if this makes any more sense :)

My current pc has an ATI XT1900XTX which includes a video in/out (AVIVO), the graphics card came with two wires to connect to it one which had a separate input and output for the yellow composite and s-video and another cable with the three color hd composite (red, green and blue). I use the s-video connection for recording video of the sky+ box (saves on stacks of video tapes i guess by using the hard drive). The s-video connection works fine showing that the video in port works, but when i use the other cable for the hd composite with the xbox360 plugged into it (with the switch changed to hdtv) no picture shows up on the monitor at all.

Am i doing something wrong or is there a decoder or software that i need to get to display the hd on screen, i've tried using inter video DVR 3 but that doesn't show the hd tv capture from the xbox360