uberhen

Slightly cooler than a n00b

50 XP

21st September 2006

0 Uploads

47 Posts

0 Threads

#1 12 years ago

I was thinking of getting an xbox 360 (!), but want to hook it up to my monitor. I know how to hook up the monitor (vga adapter), but not the sound. Could I plug in my 2.1 speakers somehow? Is there anyway to? What would I need to do this? I have no clue, do you? :confused:

steelGrunt

I GOOGLED YOU & IT WASN'T GOOD

50 XP

19th October 2006

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#2 12 years ago

You mean computer speakers correct? if thats correct then go to radio shack and get a gender change and the adapter that goes from the red and white to the 3.5 or 2.5 mm plug i think. they make it, i have one and yes i do what your talking about.

uberhen

50 XP

21st September 2006

0 Uploads

47 Posts

0 Threads

#3 12 years ago

so you're saying there's a 3.5 mm jack directly on the 360? if there is, could i plug in the vga adapter, leave the RCAs unplugged, and just plug in my computer speakers into the 3.5 mm jack that is on the 360? (they are 2.1, with a 3.5 mm cord)

alterbr33d

░▒▓▒░▒▓▒░

50 XP

14th December 2006

0 Uploads

16 Posts

0 Threads

#4 12 years ago

Is there a stereo near by? Just extend it to that, great way to get alot of sound using existing hardware.

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#5 12 years ago
uberhen;3425413so you're saying there's a 3.5 mm jack directly on the 360? if there is, could i plug in the vga adapter, leave the RCAs unplugged, and just plug in my computer speakers into the 3.5 mm jack that is on the 360? (they are 2.1, with a 3.5 mm cord)

No, he said buy an adapter that will let you plug a 3.5mm jack into the phono plugs.

uberhen

50 XP

21st September 2006

0 Uploads

47 Posts

0 Threads

#6 11 years ago

screw it, i'll just get an s-video for my TV. thanks anyway.

steelGrunt

I GOOGLED YOU & IT WASN'T GOOD

50 XP

19th October 2006

0 Uploads

96 Posts

0 Threads

#7 11 years ago

Thats not a good tone i hear from you... I was just tryin to help, and I wouldn't use s video, It sux and your not getting the full effect out of your 360. Your problem is you cant get sound out of your 360 if you use the VGA adapter because it has it has a RED and WHITE RCA OUT that would normal go to a TV. well what i told you to do is go to RADIO SHACK and explain what you want and they should give you a female RED and WHITE cable or a solid block peice, that has female rca both red and white and a 3.5 mm jack MALE or FEMALE (standard size plug) that you use for your computer speakers right now. (PULL THE PLUG OUT OF THE BACK OF YOUR COMPUTER THAT GOES TO THE SPEAKERS THIS END GOES TO THE ADAPTER THAT THE RED AND WHITE RCA PLUG IN TOO) And in my case my speakers have another input that i just plug them in too using the 3.5mm jack so in otherwords i use a male end you might need a female or a gender change adapter female to female. With the right size plug and set of adapters and if you spend enough time looking in to it and going to the right stores they will have what you want. I'm not sure what you are talking about with the 2.1 something or another but this is what i did to do what you are wanting to do. If you want some picture of the cable or my 360 hooked up i can get those for you but i think everyone here was just tryin to help but your tone they be sure less likely to comment with helpful tips if you come across like that.

Bs|Archaon

I would die without GF

50 XP

15th March 2006

0 Uploads

5,910 Posts

0 Threads

#8 11 years ago

Christ. All you need is the Microsoft VGA adapter, plus:

1x http://www.audio-discounters.com/arx-ma302.html 1x http://www.audio-discounters.com/251-118.html

It's a bit silly to run away screaming just because it's more complicated than plugging it straight into your speakers.