Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#1 14 years ago

As most of you probably already know Area 472 is located deep within the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. It is basically a facility that houses many inmates and mental patients that are Force sensitive. They are under constant watch by a team of Jedi. What I don't understand is why they are not helped. It can be done. There have been many Jedi healers that have rewired entire brains and purged the most dangerous of viruses. It doesn't even take a Jedi to do this. Half a year before the Clone Wars, the Jedi Council sent Jedi Knights Obi Wan Kenobi and Luminara Unduli with their two Padawans to a world called Ansion. Shortly after they arrive Luminara Unduli's Padawan Barriss Offee is kidnapped by two thugs that were hired by the local Hutt crime lord. These two thugs were mentally challenged, and the reason they were hired was because a Jedi cannot detect hostility from people suffering from mental disorders without great difficulty. Basically in the end this Padawan is able to break free after completely rewiring their brains and curing them. They befriended her and they set off, forever in her debt. Now that we know even a mere Padawan can do this, why not get a team of Jedi Masters who specialize in healing to help these people. Yes, maybe some of the inmates cannot be helped, but at least make an effort. I believe there is a conspiracy going on. Anyone else agree?

Da-Ko

I am a Jedi Enforcer!

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

910 Posts

0 Threads

#2 14 years ago

Hmmm, Mabey the Jedi don't want the inmates to be healed for chance that they would escape.. Or mabey they just can't heal them. By the way I also read Star Wars: The Aproaching Storm and think it is a great book.

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#3 14 years ago

Perhaps when the Jedi Temple is destroyed in Episode III, some are manipulated by the Sith and help in the destruction of the Jedi. I find it hard to believe so few Sith and the Federation could wipe out nearly 10,000 Jedi.

Octovon

Spaceman

54,945 XP

5th August 2003

0 Uploads

5,317 Posts

0 Threads

#4 14 years ago

The Jedi are arrogant. Remember in Episode I (yes, I know, its a terrible film), when Obi and Qui-Gon talk to the council, and they're all like "We sense no danger" and sh*t like that, thats their hubris, their arrogant pride.

In the words of Hans Solo: "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#5 14 years ago

Not necessarily arrogance, just a lack of knowledge. No one on the Council had been alive in the Old Republic. They couldn't predict when the Sith would return easily.

Da-Ko

I am a Jedi Enforcer!

50 XP

9th February 2004

0 Uploads

910 Posts

0 Threads

#6 14 years ago
Perhaps when the Jedi Temple is destroyed in Episode III, some are manipulated by the Sith and help in the destruction of the Jedi. I find it hard to believe so few Sith and the Federation could wipe out nearly 10,000 Jedi.

Very possible that the temple would get destroyed in Episode III. Mabey i'll go ask that guy that read the plot and knows everthing. :)

Lyon

90% sarcastic

50 XP

9th July 2003

0 Uploads

6,161 Posts

0 Threads

#7 14 years ago
Ensign RilesPerhaps when the Jedi Temple is destroyed in Episode III, some are manipulated by the Sith and help in the destruction of the Jedi. I find it hard to believe so few Sith and the Federation could wipe out nearly 10,000 Jedi.

10,000 jedi against what, 2 million federation? They were way outnumbered.

Ensign Riles VIP Member

No! I'm Spamacus!

426,516 XP

17th June 2003

0 Uploads

39,479 Posts

1 Threads

#8 14 years ago

I find it hard to believe that they would be able to send two million droids after each of the ten thousand Jedi. It just is not logistically possible.