Hi, I have released a beta version of my map, I have fixed some minor problems, but the fps is the main problem. I was wondering if anyone has any tips/ideas to make the frame rate increase in my map so it's easier to play. For instance, what effect do lots of lights, light juniors, entities, etc. have on the fps. Any input would be appreciated, thnx.
I would have to look at the map to help. Where do I get the beta you made???
in general light entities do not incress FPS but may slow compile times down a little.
things to do to incress r_speed:
1) hint brushes. (carefully don't use if you don't fully understand how they work)
2) make structrual brushes detail. (not ones touching the void)
3) caulk all unseen brush sides.
3) use caulked mitered joints for all corners as it reduces 1 brush face per corner, which really adds up.
4) my favorite for decressing compile times. Make brushes into func_static brushes. only do this where the brush will not effect the look of the level as they do not leave shadows.
Thnx Omnix32. The tutorial in that link you gave me really helped. Sorry for the late reply, but I've been real busy lately:( . My map is called Mp_Northern_Hideout, but don't bother downloading it until I post the final version, either tomorrow or Thursday:dance: .