Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#1 2 years ago

Filming for Episode 8 has commenced near Malin Head in County Donegal, Ireland. There's no word on what the location is used for, but both Mark Hamill(Luke Skywalker), Daisy Ridley(Rey), and Adam Driver(Kylo Ren) have been seen in Belfast or Malin Head. Locals and landowners have been sworn to secrecy, and only a few things have emerged from the Irish county. For one, the Irish Aviation Authority have issued effective no-fly zones over some of Ireland's most scenic locations, and a massive set is being built on cliffs about a mile from Banba's Crown, known for providing a fantastic view of the aurora borealis. 

So, what's going on in Malin Head? Is Ireland being invaded by the First Order? As the shooting location bears some obvious similarities to both Naboo as well as the ending scene of The Force Awakens, what is Adam Driver doing there? Is he going to be hunting down and confronting Luke Skywalker?

FileTrekker Über Admin

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.

267,399 XP

15th December 2002

48 Uploads

22,460 Posts

1,702 Threads

#2 2 years ago

The cliffs at Malin Head are similar to the planet featured at the end of Episode 7, I would say?

Danny King | Community Manager | GameFront.com

Serio VIP Member

The Dane

149,846 XP

11th November 2006

3 Uploads

12,506 Posts

37 Threads

#3 2 years ago
"FileTrekker"The cliffs at Malin Head are similar to the planet featured at the end of Episode 7, I would say?

Aye, which is what makes me think a significant section of the film might be set there. Curiously, the appearance of Adam Driver in Ireland could hint that Kylo Ren will be showing up. So, let's get the rumour mill churning?

From script, we know the planet is called Ahch-To. Why would they need to fly in Adam Driver for that location, if his character doesn't appear there at all? If the location is only going to be featured shortly?

My guess is that Rey will undergo training there, and a significant amount of her story will be as Luke's story in Empire Strikes Back. She'll spend the first half of the movie training there, then Kylo shows up. Perhaps he and Luke have an epic showdown? I think it's inconceivable that Luke would die at the hands of Kylo, but he might suffer a nasty injury, just to solidify Kylo's status as the big bad. 

unic0rn

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#4 2 years ago

Kylo: Rey, i am your brother. Rey: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

darkclone

116,900 XP

10th April 2006

0 Uploads

11,075 Posts

0 Threads

#5 2 years ago

I'd argue that Driver will be on location to film flashback sequences, or possibly a vision similar to Luke's  in the cave on Dagobah.

unic0rn

50 XP

2nd May 2016

0 Uploads

239 Posts

0 Threads

#6 2 years ago

flashback sequences?

like, when he was wearing diapers?